Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM

Default Bait fishing Upper Bay

Lou (one of my fishing buddies) was kind enough to get me out this morning. We have been having success trolling #15 tonys at the mouth of Eastern Bay. Today we decided to try cut bait above the bridge. Headed to Leo James Marina for bait and found noone there. Had to go to Anglers for some alwives.
Launched around 6am and headed to Love Point. Five or six boats anchored, but wind and tide opposite. Found a good looking spot and anchored for about an hour before pulling and heading for more productive water. Hit a few GPS marks from previous trips, but found noone home on the fishfinder.
Decided to head to Podickery and anchor with the tide change. Found some marks and we picked up a couple fish (25-27 inches). One was tagged (pink) and we called the number to find we were getting a certificate and our choice of a hat or pin. Unfortunately, not Dimond Jim.
Heat began to get to us, so we ran back to SP and called it a day.
We didn't see much action North of the bridge, I guess we will try livelinning Poplar Island next time out.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-15-2010, 05:41 PM

Marty, When are you getting your boat back? Tell Lou I said Hey! Glad you got a few but man has it been HOT.............Gary
Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Gary; Bill is having a custom tank built for me. Normal wait period is 3 weeks for the tank. We were hoping to get it sooner; but it looks like that might not happen. Once the tank arrives; I expect it will not take long to install. I'm hanging in there; but barely.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-15-2010, 11:21 PM

Glad to hear you got out and found a few keepers. I havent fished since you, gary, lou, and I fished (at least it was a decent trip )

I hope to start fishing more regularly again now that we are back from SC, the 4th is over, and track for my kids is almost over. I hear flounder calling me from OCMD
Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 AM

Glad to hear you got on the water and found some keepers. I hope to do the dame tomorrow. Thanks for the report and I hope you get your boat back soon...
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 AM

Marty, glad you have been getting out. Your ride will be ready before the bigguns get back in the bay.

thanks for the report, I haven’t fished for rock in a mouth. The perch and croaker have been cooperative.

I am heading out of Sandy Point tomorrow if you need a ride I have some good Intel on a school of 3-5 lb Blues.

I am starting to melt lead for lures, so the eye repair clinic will be open soon.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot