Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM

Default Trolling 12/7- Coin Flip Pays Off

Had a rare chance to fish on a week day today. I was coming out of St. Jeromes Creek and had heard good reports to the south in the PLO area and also to the north toward Solomons. I never fish during the week and wanted to have a good day. So the only way to decide was to flip a coin.... heads-north.... tails-south. Heads it is, so I went north. My fishing buddy cancelled at the last minute but I didn't care, I was going either way. Love my autopilot. Had a really good day with a steady pick all day. Boat rods were hot early, then everything was on the boards later. First 2 fish were on a 24oz.mojo/ 2oz. parachute tandem and then 1 on a white umbrella with 16oz. inline weight. After that everything was on the boards, singles and tandems with no additional weight. White was the hot color. Plenty of gannets diving and a good amount of bait that I was able to stick with all day. Ended the day with 8 nice fish to 40" and 1 mid 40's fish that broke off at the boat. Greg (b-faithful) was north of me and Keith (slayer) was south of me. Hopefully they both had a good day. I really need to figure out how to get more days off during the week.

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-07-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 PM

You had a better day than I did but mine wasn't bad either. Glad you got into them. There's some quality fish in the area for sure!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 PM

Breakaway; it's not hard to fish the weekdays; all it takes is submitting a two week notice!!! I gave mine three years ago and haven't looked back since. 5th (Marty)
Old 12-07-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Breakaway; it's not hard to fish the weekdays; all it takes is submitting a two week notice!!! I gave mine three years ago and haven't looked back since. 5th (Marty)
I usually just call in and say "I'm sick..I have a problem with my eyes..I just can't see coming into work today".
Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 AM

Nice job Jeff. Good talking to you out there. I wish we had run further south as we had to be in Gillnet avoidance mode and had a tougher bite than you. We ended up getting fish but it took a while. I appreciate you giving me a shout on the VHF as I left my phone at home..
Old 12-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Way to go Jeff. Great solo act. On the SS Drichitt we have an autopilot as well, but some would call it a bungee cord...Don
Old 12-08-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Marty, I opened an automotive repair shop about 16 years ago. I figured being my own boss would come with more free time. WRONG. The kicker is, the dealership I worked at before went to a 4 day work week shortly after I quit.