Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 AM

Default Trolling Report 12/8

Arrived at the marina at 6:00 am to find all the hatches and storage compartments frozen shut with 1/4 inch of ice I keep a 5 gallon bucket onboard so I proceed to dump buckets of water from bow to stern. Dang I need to start wearing boots rather than tennis shoes. Had the "A" team as hos today, Drichitt (Don) and Stinkbait (Jim). It was a real pleasure having some experienced fishermen aboard today.

It was a chilly morning, but it doesn't get a whole lot better than this.........

Ran past Thomas Point and began setting lines. Here's a picture of Don deploying a planer board just as the sun came peeking over the horizon.......

After setting the lines we picked up two quick fish on the first pass across the channel.............a 32+/- inch fish and my first under this fall season around 23 inches. I run all 9 inch shads so I was suprised that this little guy was so hungry. We had about an hour dry spell when Marty (5th Tuition) and Alan (Justchillin) called and reported a good bite south of us. We made our way to them and picked up 2 more overs and 2 more unders (couldn't beleive it...25+/- and 27+/- inch). Pulled lines at 11:45 and headed for port.

Thanks for a fun day guys............................Mark

PS.................sorry but I was slackin in the picture taking dept today. Maybe Jim will add a few
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Mark; glad you picked up some fish in the area we were working. It was nice to help you out for a change. See you on the water later this week (I hope). 5th (Marty)
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Had a great day Mark & Jim. The bite is getting tougher up our way with water temps dipping down to 47* last couple of days. We never saw the mother load of 40"+ fish like we got last year, but it has still been a pretty good fall. Not sure I will fish up this way any more this year. Will probably take one last run down to Solomons here soon....Don
Old 12-09-2009, 11:31 AM

Well well well boys.. Old No.7 is now on the site! Post looked a little empty without me here for you all to rag on. Nice catchin'!
-Phil
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Looks cold out there..

Way to find the fish!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Sounds like you got some nice fish. Sunday was a pain with ice also. Steve's Parker was like a skating rink until the salt and sun got to work. I felt like I was on Deadliest Catch chipping ice and shoveling it over the side.

Jerry
'06 Boston Whaler Conquest 235
Rhode River
Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Nice work boys! Wow, Mark....took you forever to find an under. You're a big fish magnet

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Baldzilla

I never expect anything but a banner day report from you Mark! Good job, I know Don gets out a lot but glad to see Jim out there too! Hard work running that great store !!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old No.7 View Post
Well well well boys.. Old No.7 is now on the site! Post looked a little empty without me here for you all to rag on. Nice catchin'!
-Phil
Alright Phil. Have you dumped your guts yet? http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=98 You can leave all of the alcohol rehab stuff out...Don
Old 12-09-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
Alright Phil. Have you dumped your guts yet? http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=98 You can leave all of the alcohol rehab stuff out...Don
Yeh................and leave out all that whining about not being able to catch a 30+ inch fish livelining or a 40+ inch fish trolling. We are all getting tired of it lol

BTW....you missed your chance to change your board name to "catchin hell" when you registered here