Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-29-2016, 11:23 PM

Default Saturday LTJ report

Hit the Chester today on the 22' CC with the wife and 4 LT rods only. Knew if the big sticks were onboard, I'd use them (I LOVE TROLLING). Plan was simple, run down to Eastern Neck Island area and find some fish to jig on. Stopped short of ENI and dropped a brand new Hopkins metal jig overboard. Bounced bottom twice and BAM, hooked up, head shake, then snap, $8 lost forever!
Stick to the plan! Ran further south and got a call from a buddy, "we are hooked up in the mouth of the river, birds are working, 30" in the boat". On to plan B and head to the mouth. It was rough, the wind was way more than forecasted and my bride was yelling at me for being in the small boat. We got there, saw some fish here and there, drifted several times with nothing. The "bay pigs" we're rolling thru the area causing huge wakes on top of the rough water the wind was creating and I don't know diddly squat about jigging. After 45 minutes of pure pain, we left. Cold, wet, and pissed off, we left heading for home empty handed.
Got to original destination and wasn't quite as rough. Decided to give it a shot. Made a few drifts in 30-35' and found 4 fish total- 18",20",22"and 27". Brought home 22 and 27". Switched from metal to Specialized baits "the bug" with Bust Em Baits tails and that seemed to be more attractive to them. White and chart combo.
It was nice to finally catch a legal fish on a custom Shore Tackle rod that I got 2 years ago And yes, smaller fish are a lot more fun on LT. I have decided...... I am a TROLLER!!
Going again in the morning and taking big boat and big rods. Expect it to be a more comfortable trip than today was at least.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:03 AM

Fishdom same area lost two nice fish was able to boat22 and 26. Early morning was beautiful but it sure did rough. The winning fish at tournament was a 31 and of course it came it Ptap out from of marina!