Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-16-2014, 10:01 PM

Default Not a great day on the river

Fished the Patapsco this morn. with some neighbors. Cold but not as bad as yesterday. got lines in at 9:00 and fish for 4 hours with one 21" to show for the effort. Bait was scattered as were the fish but I still saw enough to stay awake. Maybe next year. I'm pulling boat this week. Good luck and safe boating to all.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-16-2014, 10:55 PM

Saturday convinced me to put the boat on the trailer. Looks like I will be fishing out of Chesapeake Beach or Point Lookout (if the big girls show).
You are welcome to hitch a ride.

I even have the Mr Buddy heater set up inside
5th
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 AM

Pulling this week? This is 1 of the best times of year to own a boat like yours! . The slim picking this weekend is to make up for the ass stomping you gave that little ES girl last weekend with a 46.5". Karma is a beeAach! Same reason Marty was setting lines all day (Margaret says thanks Lou).
Now put on your big boy pants and get back out there damn it!!!

Old 11-17-2014, 09:50 AM

These reports are getting depressing... I couldn't make it out this weekend, but sounds like I didn't miss much. To make matters worse some friends from NJ lit them up yesterday and Saturday in good numbers...Maybe they are coming to us soon??
Old 11-17-2014, 10:11 AM

We needed a cold front to pull all the bait out of the rivers.. Bite will get hot soon on big fish. I remember a couple of years ago having a good bite on fat residents, my dad coming down for a visit and getting skunked after a cold front pushed through, only to have a 35+ fish day on big fish the following weekend.

Here is to hoping for a hot weekend coming up!
Old 11-17-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Pulling this week? This is 1 of the best times of year to own a boat like yours! . The slim picking this weekend is to make up for the ass stomping you gave that little ES girl last weekend with a 46.5". Karma is a beeAach! Same reason Marty was setting lines all day (Margaret says thanks Lou).
Now put on your big boy pants and get back out there damn it!!!
My boat is not under cover. I shoveled snow out of it 3 times last year before I pulled it the 2nd week of December. Also, my insurance only covers me until 1st of December in the water. It's just not worth the gamble. The year I bought the boat, it was iced in behind Bill's house for a month. I don't need all that excitement.
bhl (Bruce)
Old 11-17-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
We needed a cold front to pull all the bait out of the rivers.. Bite will get hot soon on big fish. I remember a couple of years ago having a good bite on fat residents, my dad coming down for a visit and getting skunked after a cold front pushed through, only to have a 35+ fish day on big fish the following weekend.

Here is to hoping for a hot weekend coming up!
I hope your right!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
My boat is not under cover. I shoveled snow out of it 3 times last year before I pulled it the 2nd week of December. Also, my insurance only covers me until 1st of December in the water. It's just not worth the gamble. The year I bought the boat, it was iced in behind Bill's house for a month. I don't need all that excitement.
bhl (Bruce)
Ok I can understand that. I am actually a little worried about an icey ramp when we pull ours out. Hopefully this freezing snap is short lived and the bigger fish hang around for a bit longer.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 AM

The last week was horrible for me as well...Got out twice, did not see as much bait as a couple of weeks ago, and for me in a center console, it was cold as....well you know...

I have some faith that we will get one last waive of bait and fish moving in/out but I think I am going to join the crowd and pull my boat on the 30th....

Marty, I have weeks of vacation to take before the year ends...If you need someone to share the Mr. Buddy, let me know. I am even up for an overnight to PLO, CBBT, or OC if any of those float you boat....

Old 11-21-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
The last week was horrible for me as well...Got out twice, did not see as much bait as a couple of weeks ago, and for me in a center console, it was cold as....well you know...

I have some faith that we will get one last waive of bait and fish moving in/out but I think I am going to join the crowd and pull my boat on the 30th....

Marty, I have weeks of vacation to take before the year ends...If you need someone to share the Mr. Buddy, let me know. I am even up for an overnight to PLO, CBBT, or OC if any of those float you boat....

Yeah even I have some free time coming up.

Sunday or Monday? Erin comes back Monday I think but she sure as hell won't want to hang out with me.