Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Gear, Tackle, Electronics

Old 01-29-2008, 10:16 AM
mschlechter

Default Lowrance fuel management

I understand that the sensor that fuel flow sensor from Lowrance would function with any Lowrance Nema2000 display, but to get mpg this would have to get info from the gps, it seems this would be more then a flow sensor is capable of doing.
Using the LMF 400 will give you this info, you can display it on the LCX 38 display. But can the LCX 38 give you this info without the LMF 400?

This question also applies to fuel flow coming directly from the engine i.e. ETEC, Suzuki, Yamaha. Which Lowrance unit is needed for performing the miles per gallon calculation with input from the gps?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Any Lowrance display like a LCX-38, LMF400 or 525c can display all the fuel management functions as long as there is an EP-60 (formerly the EP-10) sensor on the NMEA2000 network. If there is also a gps antenna on the network, such as the LGC-3000 that is included with most Lowrance chartplotters, then the display will show MPG and range. You can hook your engine directly to the nmea2000 network using a Lowrance EP-20 engine interface device. This is used in lieu of the EP-60 sensor. The EP-20 will show fuel flow like the EP-60, and will also show a bunch of other things like engine trim or rpm. Not all outboards are nmea2000 compliant so you should check with your manufacturer or call me
Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 PM

? Jim. Have Marinette 32 Sedan Bridge. 2 Chrysler 318 engines.
I want fuel flow info as well, ie. flow per engine at given
power setting. Do I need 2 units or is it possible to get by on
one. I'm leaning toward the need for 2 but don't know.

Norb Donegan
LUNA SEA
Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Administrator

You can use 1 display but you will need 2 fuel flow sensors.