Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Gear, Tackle, Electronics

Old 01-27-2008, 03:35 PM
firefisher

Default Furuno 1964c

I was thinking about purchasing a Furuno 1964c for my fishfinder and for radar. And a Garmin 5012 for my plotting, and gauges( speed, temp, rpms etc) and weather. I what to use the airmar B164 transducer Ik for the Furuno set up.
My questions are: 1- This this set up too much for a 265 grady white express 26 foot boat.
I fish off of Long Island , so I need a good fishfinder.
2 - Does the Furuno 1964c come with the open array and everything I need
to set it up? I think the only thing I will need to purchase is the 4 or 6
foot antenna.

I will be taking 6- 8 canyon runs a year. And mostly fish in waters less than 250 feet. I also need a radar that can track birds. Any help and advise you can give me on a good setup would be great.

George
Old 01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Administrator

The 1964 would certainly be a little much on a 26' boat. The 1954 would still be a little much but is more reasonable. A 1944 with a 4' array would be the most suitable and would give you the ability to find birds at 6kW. The Garmin unit to get is the 5012 and then get a vision chart. you might also get the 5212 that is preloaded with charts for the whole coastline of the US. The new Furuno DFF1 is a great Fishfinder module, it would work well coupled to a B164. Improvements to this setup? Well, if you are not in a hurry I would wait to try out the new Furuno Navnet 3D. I would get 2 of the 12" Navnet 3D displays and forget about everything else. Navnet 3D should be released in April.