Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM

There was a storm?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
There was a storm?
I'm with ya' Ed. We had some really hard wind, and a decent amount of rain, but that storm we had back in June/July was 20 times worse than this.

We lost power last night around 8pm and had it back in a record time of about 16 hours. We normally lose power for at least 2 days, and the summer storm had me out for a week.

Our beaches took a pounding, but after the high tide recedes I think things will work themselves back to normal. We have 3 marinas in the neighborhood and the smallest, most protected one actually suffered the most damage.

Even my little 10 ft fiberglass rowboat stayed upright tied to the tree in the backyard.

As long as they don't go crazy opening the flood gates up north again I think we will barely notice we had a storm.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
I'm with ya' Ed. We had some really hard wind, and a decent amount of rain, but that storm we had back in June/July was 20 times worse than this.

We lost power last night around 8pm and had it back in a record time of about 16 hours. We normally lose power for at least 2 days, and the summer storm had me out for a week.

Our beaches took a pounding, but after the high tide recedes I think things will work themselves back to normal. We have 3 marinas in the neighborhood and the smallest, most protected one actually suffered the most damage.

Even my little 10 ft fiberglass rowboat stayed upright tied to the tree in the backyard.

As long as they don't go crazy opening the flood gates up north again I think we will barely notice we had a storm.
We just got our electric back on, after 25 hours on a generator.

I'm glad I had my boat pulled on Thursday, friends can't get to theirs because the tide is over the piers in the marinas and the high is yet to come.

Plenty of cold fresh water from the rivers will cool the bay off fast. We won't see the end result of the high rainfall until next spring or early summer. My rain gauge showed 10" of "barely notice". That's a major problem.

Last edited by reds; 10-30-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:56 PM

Hey, I'm finally back on line. We never lost power, but the cable and internet went out about 10pm last night. I just got cable back in time to watch "ET" where they showed some of the outdoor weather reporters getting knocked down and swept away by wind or water. I keep thinking about the "dummy" named Walter, and what he would say; "Dumbass".

Anyway; we weatherd the storm just fine. Both boats (on trailers) look no worse for wear. The basement stayed pretty dry. We didn't lose too many tree limbs, and all the shingles stayed on the roof.

Now; as soon as anyone gets out, tell us how much debris is out there.

I hope all CBA's made out as well as I did.

5th
Old 10-30-2012, 07:35 PM

Yes there are some advantages to the power being out....Course you have to get the kids to sleep first...

Looks like my boat and all the others at my marina made it through ok....

Now just have to figure out when I can fish again !