Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 PM

Default Opening day report

Met shoreboy6 and stronger winds than I hoped for at the marina at 5:00. Headed to the western shore aiming for TPL in the dark. Trolled around the ships/TPL area, staying in 35' to 42'. Picked up a 38" about 8:30 and then a 34" at 9:51. Plan was to pick up at 10:00 . Nothing like dragging it out to the lat minute! Both fish were caught on tandems- 1 on white and 1 on chart. Back to the dock, cleaned up, and on the road to a conference for the next 5 days. Hope to be back out Wednesday.
Good luck!

PS- I can't handle the morons on 68 so often turned the radio down today. Sorry if i missed your call.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:59 PM

Good to hear you boated a couple keepers. I, too, wasn't happy with the wind and spent the afternoon running the motor and burning old fuel in the Patapsco instead. Hoping to get out of Sandy Point and head south of the bridge on Wednesday too...

MikeVJ

-Miss Adventure
Old 04-21-2013, 06:05 AM

Hey Jeff,
We had similar results around the ships. Caught our 3 fish by 11:00. Try switching to channel 72 (many fewer knuckleheads)
Mark
Old 04-21-2013, 10:53 AM

Jeff,
I didn't see you out there but I was in the same area. Got 2 fish around 9:00 - 9:30. 38-48 feet.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 AM

Oh yea, did anyone else see a giant plastic bag or bladder about 8 feet in diameter floating just under the surface just south of the ships? It went through my port board lines and I ended up loosing on rig on it.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 04-21-2013, 04:37 PM

Mike - maybe I'll see you out there mid afternoon. I'll be on 68 or 72 (thx Mlag)

Bruce- didn't see bag out there but did hear someone mention something about it. Your lucky you only lost 1 rig!! It probably collected quite a few rigs by the end of the day. I hope it washes up by my house!