Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Baldzilla

Default Pissed off - posted on the other board too

but thought I'd post it here even though a lot of you are the same guys, but it feel better to vent about BS

Am I way off based to be pissed off about this??
so I have been at the same Marina for 3 years now. Right down the street from my house, boat on a lift. Marina is nothing special, in fact it is kind of on the lower end as far as amenities, etc. But I have been very loyal, I've recommended the marina many times on this site to people, and have tried to get him a lot of business. This year my rental renewal came and he raised the rate $1000 for the year. THe lift was a good deal before, but I am totally bent out of shape about this. $1000 may not seem like a lot to everyone, but in my opinion, as a businessman/woman, you don't just raise your rates 50% in one year with no warning. The owner lives at the marina, I see him when I'm down there all the time, talk to him, bs with him etc...never said a word, just sent the notice. So I called him and told him that there was no way I could pay $1000 more per year, and his excuse was
"yeah, I know, two other people have offered me that for the slip so I wanted to raise it to get the amount I'm getting offered and bring it more in line with that." So here I am....spun up, but want to know if I'm overreacting I guess. Not that I'm gonna do anything about it, other than tell the story to others so they don't get screwed like I did thinking they had a slip long term only to have them be outbid and out on their asses!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!