Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2013, 11:28 AM

Default Charlie Schneider\extream weight loss program

For those of you who didn't know; Charlie has been in the hospital with a severe Vibrio infection. I just returned from visiting him in Kernan's Hospital (rehabilitation). He is in good spirits, but has gone through a lot, and has a lot to go through still. He has undergone 7 surgeries and has one more schedualed this week, before skin grafting is started.
The good news is Charlie has lost 25 pounds in the month he's been dealing with this infection. The bad news is he will need lots more time to recover. He sent me photo's to use in my upcomming seminar for the August Broadneck MSSA meeting. I feel uncomfortable posting them here without his permission.
Let me tell you, the photo's are chilling. His discription of his legs (and I agree) are that the doctors have filleted the skin off them and the muscle and tendons are exposed.
The hospital is not far from where I live. I will definetly be going back to see him. I have to work around his physical therapy sessions, but if anyone wants to go, I can take them with me.
I also was thinking about possibly getting a group of guys together and perhaps we could all go to a hospital meeting room, and they could bring Charlie down to meet us. This way, we wouldn't interfere with the other patient in his room. We could just shoot the breeze about what's bitting where, and fishing\boating in general.
If you would be interested in this, let me know, I'll try to set something up.
5th (Marty)