Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Default Hook a Dumbass Up, will ya ???

Been working way past night fall, last couple of weeks. I come home to a yard full of leafs. To the point where there coming in the house, uninvited.

So my Deere Tractor has lights. So I figure WTF, I'll pick up in the dark. Or at least get a chunk of them up.

Well, in my rush to get things done. I ran out of gas. I'm normally very careful adding fuel, except this time. So I add the fuel and try to finish the yard well past 9 PM. And she starts coughing, choking and weezing.

I'm DONE, leave her in the middle of the yard, for another day. Two days later I look into the tank, and theres just a melange' of grass, leaves and debris in the tank. CRAP.. So I blew out the line, and everything is fine for a couple of hours, and then the coughing, choking and weezing starts all over.

So my question..Any bright ideas how to remove some or all of the debris without pulling the tank ? Removing it looks like a royal pain in the ass.

Keeping it FULL, allows me to run for longer stretches, but eventually I'm gonna have to do the right thing.

Hook a bro up with your home remedies, please....
Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 PM

I used one of the syphons with the brass primer on the end that you shake to get flowing. I got my tank about 99% empty and then used a shotgun cleaning mop to swab out almost all of the junk in the tank.

I know you already know this but I'll say it for any guests reading: DO NOT use any kind of electric syphon or vacuum to empty the tank unless you really want to remove all of the hair on your head....or worse!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:49 AM

http://www.amazon.com/World-Mktg-DH-...1008542&sr=8-1
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM

See if there is an in line fuel filter past the tank.

Some mowers have this.

Might also be a screen type filter in the tank pick up.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 PM

Brian if the crap is in the tank you have two choices, siphon it out or pull the tank. Most tanks have a screen in the outlet so trying to drain it wont work. You could possibly siphon all the fuel out, plug the fuel line at the filter and try to float the grass out by filling the tank with water and when all the crap is out of it drain the tank, flush with seafoam and you should be good to go