Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-16-2015, 07:50 PM

Default Plo 12/16

It is still on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (21.0 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by B-Faithful; 01-11-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:05 PM

I bet that was one happy crew
Congratulations
5th
Old 12-17-2015, 06:54 AM

Looks like another successful day. Missing it already!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:52 AM

The day started slow up by 68 on the out going current. We have a very slow pick. I then spotted birds down by 65 on my binoculars so we fast trolled with the current southward. Just before we got to the birds, which seemed to be moving west and shallower, we had several rods go down. As I watched a number of boats continue to chase the birds, I decided to swing back out across the deep water finger off of 65. There we had steady pick until the current changed. As soon as the current started to flood we found that a lot of the deep bait rose in the water column and we started hitting some larger fish off of the planer boards as long as we were on the pods of bait.. (could have kept some more larger fish but there were a few low 20's fish put in the box early)

The rods of the day were my deep boat umbrella rods. I had half white and half chartreuse. The white wasnt getting touched at all while the chartreuse was going down steadily. Because of this I swapped out the shads on the trailing baits to chartreuse on the white umbrellas and they started going down frequently too. I never have been much on color being a huge factor but rather the mindset of making the baits swim right and putting it by feeding fish. However yesterday was crazy. We didnt catch one fish on white with the deep umbrellas (a couple off the planers came on white) until I swapped out the trailing bait shads..

My Va charter permit came in yesterday so I will be either out of PLO or OCMD next two weeks.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-17-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:48 AM

Looks like the crew was so happy with the results last week, they wanted another go? Problem with catching that 46" last week is that it only feeds the addiction.

Let me know when you are ready to go to OCMD. I am willing to either hop aboard, or take my boat down, if there are enough people interested. It's a lot of area to cover so the more boats working together the better.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:29 PM

Nice day!! Sounds like you made the right call letting the other boats chase the birds while you stuck with your fish. Well done!