Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Talked with DNR today. I have to take the fish to Annapolis (Rowe Blvd). They have to inspect it and I have to sign a document. I answered a ton of questions today. They even asked what kind of reel, rod, and line I was using

They took the name of my buddy as a witness, and I may be asked to take a lie detector test. Also found out that if I was still working as a charter mate, I would have been ineligible

I'll let you know what happens in September

5th
Old 07-10-2014, 05:52 PM

FYI: Fair amount of Spot close to the bridge on south side - sorta Dolly's Lump in 12-17 feet.

Takes some looking with meter to find them - slow but steady pick at them.

Second hand - Spot just to north of bridge in same depth - due east of bath house at Sandy Point beach.

Fished Weds - no trouble with Spot but Rock proved tough to find. Not much current moved - that's my official excuse.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post

I'll let you know what happens in September

5th
Lets be honest, this is most likely an "impostor". Even the impostors are worth $500. But here's the "real" deal. The wife wants to go with me tomorrow to check in the fish. Now she wants to go to the Chart House for lunch and the Waterman's museum in Eastport. Walking around Annapolis and doing some StoreFront shopping will probably cost me a few bucks as well.

Then comes the Seafood Festival in September. I get free admission to the Park, free parking, and a free ticket to get inside.. I can see us bringing the grandchildren (along with their parents) and buying crab soup, steamed crabs, oysters, and hot dogs (for the grand kids).

Here I was, thinking I could use the $500 for getting my boat trailer serviced for the fall run of rockfish

Maryland tourism sure has this figured out. My money is going to be spent way before I find out if I got the "real" Diamond Jim.

5th
P.S. If it's the real Diamond Jim, big party at my house!
After I get radar installed on the boat.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:49 PM

I think your odds of winning go up with the number of friends you bring with you in September (your dime of course). I will try to be sure and keep that date open just in case you are felling in need of some support!

Old 07-11-2014, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Lets be honest, this is most likely an "impostor". Even the impostors are worth $500. But here's the "real" deal. The wife wants to go with me tomorrow to check in the fish. Now she wants to go to the Chart House for lunch and the Waterman's museum in Eastport. Walking around Annapolis and doing some StoreFront shopping will probably cost me a few bucks as well.

Then comes the Seafood Festival in September. I get free admission to the Park, free parking, and a free ticket to get inside.. I can see us bringing the grandchildren (along with their parents) and buying crab soup, steamed crabs, oysters, and hot dogs (for the grand kids).

Here I was, thinking I could use the $500 for getting my boat trailer serviced for the fall run of rockfish

Maryland tourism sure has this figured out. My money is going to be spent way before I find out if I got the "real" Diamond Jim.

5th
P.S. If it's the real Diamond Jim, big party at my house!
After I get radar installed on the boat.
Marty,
You just need to concentrate on winning the big bucks. Your friends will let you know how to spend it. I am going today above bridge and will post, good or bad. Going to use some Bloodies and jigs, fishing for whatever moves.
Jeff- If you generator is like mine it has it's own raw water pump. My live well pump is seperate. Did you open the valve.
bhl (Bruce)
Old 07-11-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
FYI: Fair amount of Spot close to the bridge on south side - sorta Dolly's Lump in 12-17 feet.

Takes some looking with meter to find them - slow but steady pick at them.

Second hand - Spot just to north of bridge in same depth - due east of bath house at Sandy Point beach.

Fished Weds - no trouble with Spot but Rock proved tough to find. Not much current moved - that's my official excuse.
Thanks, Skip. Those were areas I was planning to check and it's encouraging to hear that the spot are where they're "supposed" to be by now. Looks like my livelining trip will get pushed out a week as I've got an invite to fish offshore out of OC this weekend, but I will report on my results when I do get out in the Bay.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Marty - Do not hold me to this but I think if no one catches the Diamond Jim tagged Rock - the $20,000.00 is divided equally among the anglers who caught impostors.

If 10 impostors are caught - it would be $ 2,000.00 each.

$25.00 cash - I won't tell your wife

Best of luck - congrats on getting a tagged one. Rare since we all know released fish die
Old 07-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Marty - Do not hold me to this but I think if no one catches the Diamond Jim tagged Rock - the $20,000.00 is divided equally among the anglers who caught impostors.

If 10 impostors are caught - it would be $ 2,000.00 each.

$25.00 cash - I won't tell your wife

Best of luck - congrats on getting a tagged one. Rare since we all know released fish die
Skip, the wife already knows about the money split today was like the movie "Weekend at Bernie's".
We had to take the fish down to the DNR Tawes building in Annapolis for them to check out. I had to sign the paperwork documenting how and where it was caught while they cut the tag off the intact frozen fish. When the wife found out about the Tawes Gardens, we walked the 5 acre garden with ponds and flowing creeks;with the frozen fish in tow.
We left DNR and went to Eastport to view the Maritime museum. It is an old oyster packing plant and a great spot for holding a meeting. It told the history of oystering in the Chesapeake. The entrance is free, and it's a good place to check out.
From there, we went to Chesapeake Harbor and ate at Sam's Waterfront Cafe. Jason, Rockin Robin, lives in the community and we saw his boat in a lift slip. We had a great meal and walked the community.
As we left Chesapeake Harbor, I spotted Fawcetts Marine store. I knew they had left there original location next to Ego Alley, but didn't know their new location. Of course we had to stop in and buy a couple things.
I just got home a few minutes ago and put the fish back in the freezer. The wife wants to keep it frozen until September when I can take a photo of the fish and the check
So, Diamond Jim (or his imposter) got a trip around Annapolis today. The wife and I had a good time, him, probably not so much
5th
Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 PM

Sounds like a fun day All I did was catch a bunch of spot and rock