Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Default Treated Myself to a New Camera...

And just to keep Admin HAPPY, so they don' move this.. ahem....... I'll photograph my next FISHING trip...

For two years I 've had a Fuji E900..... And from day one, I hated it. I should have returned the god damn thing, but you know how that goes.. So I did some Internet work here, and there and found Canon Powershot SX210 IS...

The name ALONE, sounds impressive.

In a nut shell 14.1 Mega Pixels 14X zoom.. and its basically idiot proof. Which is a good thing. The one problem I might encounter is the a batteries... This has a lithoium battery.. So ya gotta carry the charger with you.. It "says" I can take 300 pictures before recharging... We'll see...

Anyhouts it has this face technology.. Which is really neat.. I dunno how they do it, but I was practicing on my wife.. All profiles.. Then she faces me, and the damn screen outlines her face... I'm guessing it recognizes her eyes ????

My brothers getting married this weekend and I share a few pics when I get back.

So if your in the market, consider the CanonSX 210 IS.... ( sounds even better a second time)

B
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM

So what are you going to do with a outline of your wifes face? What happens if you take a photo of a FISH? Do you get and outline as well? Does it see the fishes eyes? What if it's a flounder with both eyes on the same side? What if someone like me POKED HIM IN THE EYE?? Then what?

TED
Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 AM

Had a Nikon that ate batteries like a kid eats M&M's. Bought my wife a Canon and it uses 2 AA batteries and they last a long time. I think you are going to be satisfied with your purchase, The Nikon took a $13.00 battery.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:34 AM

As promised, here are some samples of my new camera. I'll skip the wedding photos and give you Bailey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bailey CB1.jpg (82.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Bailey CB2.jpg (72.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Bailey CB3.jpg (84.9 KB, 7 views)