Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2014, 10:59 AM

Default High Water

Headed to OC for a couple days of R and R with the wife. Stopped at The Narrows for a quick lunch. Water from Bay in the parking lots and partially covered roads. Wow
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 10-04-2014, 11:00 AM

Waitress says tide is still coming in
Old 10-04-2014, 02:48 PM

And everyone thought I was crazy to buy my house near BWI airport.

Way it is going - it will be waterfront around 2030

Getting more flooding high tides each year - can only imagine what west shore was like.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:37 AM

Took the Justified to Fells Point yesterday for a birthday party. There was a lot of stuff floating in the Patapsco. Some of it was BIG stuff too. I hit a log that was 8" in diameter and 5' long. I missed about 10 of them there were similar in size. Fortunately I was able to turn enough that it didn't hit my running gear. The wind was howling but we still were able to run 19knots going over and 23-26knots coming home. Judge Yacht weather!!!

On our way into the harbor, a kayaker was off of Canton and flipped. It took a while for him to come up and then his yak was swamped. We rushed over and fished him and his gear out of the water, gave him a beer to hydrate, and took him to shore. Another boat stopped to assist as well if needed. FYI- 280lbs, 20knot winds, and a kayak do not mix! I'm thinking this good deed is what kept the log off my prop!! Karma!

Old 10-05-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Headed to OC for a couple days of R and R with the wife. Stopped at The Narrows for a quick lunch. Water from Bay in the parking lots and partially covered roads. Wow
5th
Wait a minute. R and R. Retirement must be tough on you.I may have to re think retiring
Enjoy !!

bhl (Bruce)
Old 10-05-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Took the Justified to Fells Point yesterday for a birthday party. There was a lot of stuff floating in the Patapsco. Some of it was BIG stuff too. I hit a log that was 8" in diameter and 5' long. I missed about 10 of them there were similar in size. Fortunately I was able to turn enough that it didn't hit my running gear. The wind was howling but we still were able to run 19knots going over and 23-26knots coming home. Judge Yacht weather!!!

On our way into the harbor, a kayaker was off of Canton and flipped. It took a while for him to come up and then his yak was swamped. We rushed over and fished him and his gear out of the water, gave him a beer to hydrate, and took him to shore. Another boat stopped to assist as well if needed. FYI- 280lbs, 20knot winds, and a kayak do not mix! I'm thinking this good deed is what kept the log off my prop!! Karma!
Being out in a kayak in high winds is just plain dumb, especially for inexperienced rec kayakers. I hope this guy was wearing his pfd.

I absolutely believe that good karma comes back around for good deeds done. I've towed enough boats back o their home pier over the years that I should be covered on the water for a lifetime.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Being out in a kayak in high winds is just plain dumb, especially for inexperienced rec kayakers. I hope this guy was wearing his pfd.

I absolutely believe that good karma comes back around for good deeds done. I've towed enough boats back o their home pier over the years that I should be covered on the water for a lifetime.
No, I think he said he took it off. He did have it clutched in his hand, along with the yak, and the paddle.

I hear ya. I wanted to paint Justifed blaze orange but my bride said "don't you tow enough people in already? Why do you want to look like vessel assist?"

Old 10-05-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Wait a minute. R and R. Retirement must be tough on you.I may have to re think retiring
Enjoy !!

bhl (Bruce)
It is tough. On Friday it was blowing 15-20 so I calked and painted one of my two picture windows. I needed a break
Next day it blows, I'll do the other one

5th
Old 10-07-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
It is tough. On Friday it was blowing 15-20 so I calked and painted one of my two picture windows. I needed a break
Next day it blows, I'll do the other one

5th
Marty,
Check your PM's please.

bhl (Bruce)