Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 AM

Default Meet "The Hunter"

Introduced my new ride to the Chesapeake this past Sunday. It was a solo trip as I wanted a very slow, quiet period to get use to how she handled and her electronics. My old boat had a Raymarine C-70 (w/o radar) so the GPS & FF was old hat. It is a great package, once you learn how to use it correctly. The software that came with this boat was the Navionics Platinum chip and it is far superior to their Gold Chart chip. I felt like king ch!t rolling down the flat Bay with the warm sun warming up everything. It even has a nice stereo, so listening to Thorogood made it that much better. I would like to thank B-faithful (Greg) who actually found this boat up in NJ. Greg was a tremendous help guiding me through the entire process; he even put me onto a great surveyor up that way. Going new was not in the cards, so a good deal on a recent model Judge or Maycraft was the plan. Greg's passion about boating and especially his intimate familiarity with the Maycraft 2550XL helped me move quickly on this boat...thanks Greg! I heard it is bad luck to change a boat's name (ala Gary) so gonna leave the name alone and see how it goes. Hate to admit one thing....now I have something in common with Baldzilla.

I ran into my good buddy Mark (Mlag) on Sunday. Always quick with the camera he sent me some pics (Thanks Mark, my kids really liked the pictures)....

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A REAL NICE 2004 SEA PRO 220CC THAT KNOWS HOW TO CATCH FISH....SEND ME A PM. (Sorry, forgive me for this....shameless)
Old 03-24-2010, 10:05 AM

Sweet looking ride Don! I'll be looking for invites on those rainy days Congrats!.............................Mark
Old 03-24-2010, 10:08 AM

I noticed that it doesn't seem to require protective head gear to get underneath of them rocket launchers.

Nice boat Don....Congrats.

Jim
Old 03-24-2010, 10:08 AM

Wish I could photo shop to make her - The Spot Hunter

Congrats on a sweet ride
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM

She looks great Don. Of course she would have looked nicer with a Judge logo on the side and without all that plywood in her... but you did good!

Windlass, full electronics, rod holders galore and you are ready to go! I am sure you will enjoy her. I hope she gives you many safe and fun hours on the water!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 AM

That is one nice looking boat Don; I hope she catches many fish for you. I wish I could afford your old boat because I was told how well you took care of her. Good luck with the new/used boat and maybe one day I can come aboard and do some fishing with you but you know we would have to jig for them…..
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichitt View Post
Hate to admit one thing....now I have something in common with Baldzilla.

Nice looking boat there.

Now, if you shaved your head and acted like a sissy, you'd have 3 things in common with baldzilla.

Oops, almost forgot the
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Nice looking boat there.

Now, if you shaved your head and acted like a sissy, you'd have 3 things in common with baldzilla.

Oops, almost forgot the
Thank you to an unnamed source for alerting me to the sullying of my name as I rarely frequent this Judgeyachts Board...

SO I guess there goes the neighborhood...
Keith, I'll deal with you tomorrow ass...show up at 7:00 now

Believe me, neither of you have anything in common with Baldzilla (other than wanting to be me), I'm a fisherman, not a troller (and Keith has a shiny head too)

Well, and Don bought a boat like mine! (And I'll go ahead and let Greg take credit for "all" the advice you got)

Good looking boat, your Shrekness makes her look like a 23 though

Last edited by Baldzilla; 03-24-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM

Default Congrats Don

Sweet boat...I'm happy for you. I'm looking forward to joining the Piliothouse community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
neither of you have anything in common with Baldzilla (other than wanting to be me), I'm a fisherman, not a troller
You gave up trolling for lent or did you decide to become "less well-rounded" this year

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltor View Post
Sweet boat...I'm happy for you. I'm looking forward to joining the Piliothouse community.

You gave up trolling for lent or did you decide to become "less well-rounded" this year
needed something a little more challenging

but I lie...I did troll just 3 days ago...

Last edited by Baldzilla; 03-24-2010 at 12:33 PM.