Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM

Default 6/13/2015 Light Tackle Update

On Saturday I fished the CCA light tackle tournament which was fun but damn did I burn some gas. We started off working Eastern Bay but unfortunately it only yielded limited success. We only picked up 2 fish in the morning and that was after working almost every spot I knew. There were very limited bait balls and I didn't really see anything stacked up. By 10am we worked out way up the narrows and into the Chester and were met with the same challenges of no fish. Finally made the decision to work the sewer pipe and found little school stacked up but nothing to get excited about. Well after hanging out there for a little bit and only catching a few fish I worked my way down to Gum Thickets. I remember last year I would run through bait balls in about 16 to 20 feet of water but wouldn't really mark any big fish however once I stopped and jigged for a few minutes my fish finder would light up. Well much to my surprise the same thing happened this year. In about a 1.5 hour window we hooked up about 60 fish ranging from 16" to 22". While the size was not what I was looking for it's good to see that large schools are in the area. I'm hoping that bigger fish move in soon but I can tell you being on top of a blitz like that was fun!

I'm glad to see the light tackle bite is slowly turning on.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:05 PM

Way to stick it out and find some fish. They make fuel EVERY day!!

Old 06-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Default 6/17/2015

For the 1st time all season I came across breaking birds. As soon as I got close to them my screen started picked up some big schools of fish in about 10' of water.

It's nice to know that we are finally seeing schools stacked up...it's late in the season but better late than never!