Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM

Thumbs up Judge Yachts Open House tomorrow- March 2nd!

Just a reminder- J Y open house is tomorrow from 11-5pm at the shop in Denton. Lots of stuff in various stages of construction to see. I will be there, probably stealing stuff from Bruce's (bhl) boat "Hook 'Em". Don't worry Bruce.... stealing IDEAS, only ideas. Hopefully you're there so we can chat. Marty(5th) is planning to be there too. Unfortunately, Greg(B-faithful) has another obligation so he won't be able to partake in the fun this year.

IF you are there to seriously look at buying a Judge, PLEEEEASE don't be bashful. There are only a couple of us helping as "salespeople" and a lot of people in attendance. As expected, Bill runs around like crazy all day trying to keep things flowing smoothly. That being said, we want to be sure to get your questions answered, get your contact info, and make sure you meet Bill. I have found the best way to let people know your a serious buyer... Carry a duffle bag full of cash around with you or at least a checkbook peeking out of your shirt pocket!!

Looking forward to talking with you tomorrow,
Jeff Newell
36' Judge aka "JUSTIFIED"
Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 PM

Jeff;
Oh No!! Don't tell me you are acting as a "salesman" at the event. This means you can't drink as many beers as us (happy owners).

See you at the show
5th (Marty)
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM

Jeff,
I'll see you there, I am looking forward to meeting you. I will be the bald guy with a cup of beer sitting in the back of my boat wishing it was in the water.

Only two weeks until splash down !!

bhl (Bruce)
Old 03-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Jeff;
Oh No!! Don't tell me you are acting as a "salesman" at the event. This means you can't drink as many beers as us (happy owners).

See you at the show
5th (Marty)
5th- Don't kid yourself, don't you recall our first meeting when i was helping at the boat show? I barely do!!. Someone asked if we were selling drinks or boats? I had a designated driver then, may not tomorrow so might have to behave myself.

Bhl- I hope there is a little spare room onboard for me? I look forward to meeting you. Being on the hard is KILLING me!!!! Maybe I will bring a brownish tarp to put off your stern and we can really feel like we are on the Bay.
-Jeff
Old 03-02-2013, 09:04 AM

Leaving the house now...2 hour drive for me.

I'll be the guy in the Hell's Belle sweatshirt swilling beer....Bill said he would have my favorite kind......FREE!

Im picking up my new stern rod rack..Marty, make sure I show it to you before I leave.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 PM

I heard it was a great day.. Wish I could have been there.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
I heard it was a great day.. Wish I could have been there.
Greg- sorry you missed it. Turnout seemed a little lighter than in the past but it was a quality crowd and quality beats quantity ever time. Bill added a 27'cc and a 36' to the build list; both of which will be headed to VA when they are done. A couple more folks are interested in sea trials. Also several faces familiar from past shows that are just waiting for better timing before ordering. All in all I would say that's a great day!!

Downside of yesterday- I got short-changed on the meatballs! I went back for seconds and they were all gone!! And I didn't really get a chance to shoot the $hit with some of my friends that attended, for that I am sorry. I did like how one of you spun my apology into a fishing trip so we would have all day to "catch up". I hope to be calling you soon!!

Thanks to all that came out!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM

At least you got one serving of food. I dont ever remember really making it to the food table... Of course Bill says I am too much of a "talker"

Sounds like it was a great crowd with potential buyers and current owners. Bill told me he wrote 3 contracts yesterday including one on a 36. Of course the open house always leads to other boats sold throughout the year too. (Heck, The short top commercial 27 with the pot puller boat was ordered this past fall from a group from NY who I spend most my time with at last years open house.)

It is always a great event and I missed catching up with everyone. Got my license though with a perfect score on rules and plotting

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-04-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:20 PM

There was a boat in the back shop still being built and a group of us were looking them over. I noticed what appeared to be a trailer hitch ball mounted to the rocket launcher. I thought it might be some kind of LED light that rotates; and the "lens" might be on the other side. I climbed up and took a closer look. It was a trailer ball. Now I have to admit, it was nice and shiney and pretty; but what the he11 was it doing welded to the rocket launcher?
I pointed it out to a couple of different people and we all scratched our heads
This is one reason I enjoy going to these events. I like seeing what others are doing to their rides and how they come up with unique solutions to problems.
Obviously; this owner had something in mind that I couldn't fathom
With no one able to come up with a reason for the "Ball", I had to go ask Bill for an explanation. Bill laughed and told me it was for tubing
The owner (or Bill) had come up with a different twist on where to attach a tube line.
Near the end of the day; after everyone had been hitting the beer cooler for a couple of hours, I returned to the same boat and saw that a sign had been posted so that it would explain exactly what the "ball" was for. No need to speculate any longer.

5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tow ball.jpg (12.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM

" I climbed up and took a closer look. It was a trailer ball. Now I have to admit, it was nice and shiney and pretty; but what the he11 was it doing welded to the rocket launcher?"

Why wouldn't you have asked me? It ain't for tubing; it's for trailering upside down! He stole that idea from me!!!