Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinsfishin View Post
They make them, Motorola, Sony, Sanyo and others......waterproof, shockproof, drop-proof, etc.
I was talking with a USCG officer a few days ago and he had a new one....small, compact, rubberized, nice screen and lots of features.....pretty cool.
The problem is they are expensive compared to a normal cellphone.

Try setting your wet phone on a heat vent overnite....should dry it out.....air conditioning will also remove the moisture during the summer season.
Use a hair dryer.

I have a lot of experience with waterproof cell phones. None of them float. I've tried them all and the best one is the Motorola GZone, original version. They don't make them anymore, but they show up new or almost new on Ebay from time to time. I'm using one now and have three in reserve. They're the Hummer of cell phones. Big and bulky but extremely durable. I dropped mine in the water at the ramp once. Didn't realize it until I got home, waited for my wife for another hour, then we drove to the ramp. Shined her car lights in the water and couldn't find it, so I called it. It lit up 3 feet deep in 40 degree water. Rolled up my pants, waded out and got it and used it for another six months when I dropped it in the channel. Bought the newer version and it lasted 3 months. Gotta get the original.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"
Old 03-28-2010, 08:38 PM

Guys; thanks for all the helpful tips. Tomorrow, I may be asking how to get rice out of my cell phone.

Mark; I thought my tennis elbow was from fishing, but now, maybe not.

Looks like some great weather later this week. Lets do some spot burning, oops, I mean some fishing reports.
5th (Marty)
Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Microwave for 60 seconds

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle
Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
Microwave for 60 seconds
Tried that; the cover melted. 5th
Old 03-29-2010, 06:51 AM

Hope you flushed all the salt out of it before you dried it
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM

Marty - I felt like $h!t yesterday watching your phone fall in the water. Marty was out for a boat ride with me yesterday and back at the ramp is when his phone took the plunge. I still have NO idea how best to load my boat on a bunk trailer; never used one before. Easy to unload, but PITA to load (Ignorance is bliss). Yesterday's attempt left the boat a good 15 feet from the bow rest and required a fair amount of winching. Trying to avoid getting his feet wet, Marty climbs up on the hitch to let out more strap. As he is bending over to reach the handle, his phone falls onto the ramp in 1.5" of water. Oh $h!t. It sat there just long enough to absorb enough water to qualify for the rice treatment. Jon Wittman (jwittman) was standing near by and was quick to grab it, but not quick enough. I hope you get it working and I promise to have this process improved before you come out again with me....Don

Oh yeah, Fish Nut's lures did catch a few fish on our boat ride
Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 PM

Marty, If that phone fell in the water at Sandy Point, rice will not help it. The water there is so bad that even if it dries out your phone will consistently dial wrong numbers and hang up on people. Get a new one. Go to verizonwireless.com and create an account and do all your business there........simple. Good luck............Gary
Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
Marty, If that phone fell in the water at Sandy Point, rice will not help it. The water there is so bad that even if it dries out your phone will consistently dial wrong numbers and hang up on people. Get a new one. Go to verizonwireless.com and create an account and do all your business there........simple. Good luck............Gary
Gary; even before the phone fell in the water, I was dialing wrong numbers and hanging up on people. It is working a little better now, but the problem is it smells like seagull chit.
5th (Marty)
Old 04-01-2010, 12:35 AM

Default Marty's always dropping things over

Marty:
Almost called you today to see if you been out. Guess that wouldn't have worked. At least you didn't drop anyones keeper Rockfish overboard today...LOL...See Ya Soon!
18ft Hydrasport CC