Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2010, 07:30 PM

Default A sign of the times

As you probably read in my last post; we have been having some problems with the hook quality on the Tony Acetta Pet #15 lures.
I went to the Luhr Jensen website and found the tony's for sale, however, when you go to the Customer Service section of the site, it says "Coming Soon".
You can buy as much of the inferior product as you want. You can also sign up for special email news from the company. But heaven forbid, they would have their customer service portion of the site open.
This is just another small example of how this country is going to hell in a handbasket.
About a week ago, I had a flat tire on my truck (Ford F150). Pep Boys was having a sale on tires (buy 3 get one free). I put the spare on the truck and ran to Pep Boys and bought 4 new tires. I asked for the spare to be replaced back up under the bed of the truck. When they called to say the truck was done, I found the truck on the parking lot with four new tires and the spare in the bed. I told them I requested the spare to be returned under the bed. They said they didn't have a crank for the truck and they DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THE CRANK WAS FOR MY TRUCK. I told them that was absurd; it was comparable to a carpenter not knowing where to find a hammer. When I asked for the manager, he didn't know where the crank was either. I told them, if it was I, and I didn't know where the crank was, I would have phoned either another Pep Boys store OR a ford dealer to find out where it was so I could replace my spare and I would know in the future where the crank was on America's Best Selling Pickup.
I was so disappointed with their reaction, I brought the truck home, took ten minutes to put the spare away, and wrote a short senario of the debacle on their feedback/survey website.
Today, the manager called (after viewing my feedback survey) to ask if the spare was still in the pickup bed. I assured him it was not. He asked if they could do a free oil change to satisfy me. I thanked him but told him nothanks.
It appears that this type of attitude permiates many of the businesses today. This is why you find sites such as this that report good customer service (like Jim at Marty's). It has become the exception instead of the norm.
I had a friend who wanted some estimates for a new roof on his house, many of the companies didn't even honor the appointments made to view the job.
Enough of a rant; I hope Lure Jensen gets their chit together and starts producing a quality product again.
5th (Marty)
p.s. at least you guys have something new to read.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 AM

The sign of the times is "Made in China", and we are all familiar w/ the inferior products they've been shipping out for McDonald's Happy Meals and dog food. Noone wants to pay $9/lure, so Luhr Jensen is able to get them for $4/lure from a chinese manufacturer.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM

I guess this is why I'm not in business. The way I look at it is if the inferior hook cost them one dollar; and a better hook (one that would keep the customer happy) costs twice as much ($2), that only adds a small amount to a six dollar lure.
At least it will add some profit to Jim; many of us will be swapping out the hooks on the tony's.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 PM

Marty, had the same problem last year after one trip the hooks were rusting and the screw holding the hook was in bad shape. Replaced the hardware with ss from Ace hardware store and swapped out the old hook with a big eye stinger hook. Yes the same chemically sharpened hooks that make your fingers bleed if you look at them wrong.

Next time out trolling try a Clark gold squid spoon with 8oz of weight 65’ 75’ back

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 07-08-2010, 07:25 PM

Service is poor most everywhere, Home depot, Lowes, phone co. ect. Most of your customer service tech calls go to India Most products are made in China and the quality shows but people want cheap and cheap is what they get...............Gary
Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 AM

what happens when we trade price (big box stores) for value (local tire shop, probabaly doesn't even exist anymore)

we all complain, but almost all lead to their demise
Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 PM

Marty I know just how you feel, We bought a new John Deere mower a couple years back & thought it would last, come to find out the thing had the cheapest Briggs & Stratton engine made in it hell it flew apart before 300 hrs & it was out of warranty. Now I don't buy John Deere or Briggs & Stratton.That sort of thing is rampant in this country, big bussiness selling out it's customers for the larger profit....greedy SOB's
Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggydaddy View Post
Marty I know just how you feel, We bought a new John Deere mower a couple years back & thought it would last, come to find out the thing had the cheapest Briggs & Stratton engine made in it hell it flew apart before 300 hrs & it was out of warranty. Now I don't buy John Deere or Briggs & Stratton.That sort of thing is rampant in this country, big bussiness selling out it's customers for the larger profit....greedy SOB's
John Deere still makes a good tractor but is selling cheaper version to compete with Yardman and Craftsman. They are the L110, 120 and 130 versions sold by Home Depot and Lowes...........Gary
Old 07-10-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
John Deere still makes a good tractor but is selling cheaper version to compete with Yardman and Craftsman. They are the L110, 120 and 130 versions sold by Home Depot and Lowes...........Gary
I bought my John Deere lawn tractor in 1983. Still cutting grass with it.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
All the rest of them have already gone cheap & worthless I don't see why John Deere's falling for the same thing they will just lose customers.
Reds things aren't the same as in 1983 before corperate america decided to sell their country down the river. Both my parents & my aunt worked for John Deere when they made all their own equipment forged the steel welded the parts together & assembled everything in this country......it's very different now they have almost everything made out of country & put their name on.......old man Deere would be turning in his grave like a rotissery chicken if he knew whats been done.