Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Default Finally won a fishing tournament...

ALMOST! We ended up with 2nd place in Casey Cares charity rockfish tournament on Friday. Prizes ended up about the same for 1st and 2nd place and our 4 crew members ended up with total of about $1500 in prizes (each crew member was allowed to pick from a bunch of prizes which one they wanted - we ended up with yeti coolers, Costa sunglasses, and livelining combos). It was a great morning of fishing with non-stop action on 20"-35" caught from 5:30am-11:30am when we had our limit with our 4th over. We weighed in about 2:15 and held 1st place until Bill Judge brought in his bigger fish about an hour later.

Congats to Bill for his 1st place finish, Greg Schute for 4the place amd Lolo for winning the fundraising contest with over $6,000 raised! If it weren't for Hastings Judge boats would have ended up with a clean sweep of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!

Thanks to my awesome crew – Gary K, Greg W, and my son, Brian, who were kept busy all morning reeling in fish, putting lines back out, cleaning weeds, and clearing a few tangles. I think we had about a half hour to catch our breath and have lunch late morning before 4 rods went down twice within 20 minutes yielding our 2 biggest fish of the day. It was a 1st annual tournament and I am sure we will participate again next year.

We ran 20 rods with 9" shads on Bloody Point parachutes on all but 2 rods. Most fish were 23-26" but we did have 8 overs. All fish were caught in 50-65' of water south of the bridge, all within 750' of eachother.

It was just an awesome day of fishing as predicted to be excellent by solar/lunar tables... Greg and Bill had similar non-stop action several miles away from me and from eachother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160603_155923-1.jpg (100.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20160603_142947-1.jpg (99.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20160603_143031-1-1.jpg (92.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Rockin' Robin; 06-07-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:17 AM

Good work there boys. Jason you must start doing some exercises that help the muscles in your arms. You would then be able to hold then fish with arms fully extended without grimmussing!