Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-24-2014, 11:43 AM

At least you were fishing, that's more than I can say. We've all been there.....coulda...shoulda Even when fishing is decent but not great, I still second guess myself thinking I could have done better in another location. Unfortunately in the PLO area there is SO much water that, unless you get some help from the birds, it's tough to know where to fish.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
At least you were fishing, that's more than I can say. We've all been there.....coulda...shoulda Even when fishing is decent but not great, I still second guess myself thinking I could have done better in another location. Unfortunately in the PLO area there is SO much water that, unless you get some help from the birds, it's tough to know where to fish.
Last day of the season was comical; fish everywhere, but anytime we saw you pick up and run, we threw the binoculars up to see what bird action you were headed to We could find a different group to check out on our own, but we most of the time knew where you and Greg were

Our last group of fish were so nice that I called Greg over, however, he had just run threw them trolling and picked up several overs out of the group we were jigging
It's nice when we have a couple boats to scout the area; like you said, that's a lot of water down that way:roll eyes:
5th
Old 12-24-2014, 08:47 PM

It's a tough deal taking folks money when the fishing sucks, but it's the nature of the business - it has happened to everyone and it will happen again.

I have been on expensive trips to Canada, the Great Lakes, the Keys and Costa Rica when the fishing sucked - the Captain/mate/guide busted their asses but sometimes you're the windshield, somedays your the bug.

Don't beat yourself up over it.

Last edited by Tawn; 12-24-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:33 PM

I give you credit for trying and being understanding about running a " sick " person back.

99% of charters would consider that the end of a trip - from # 65 to ramp is decent run.

Got to love it when guys insist on bringing their own gear - then break off a fish .

Few more years of chartering and you'll understand why older captains talk to themselves , drink heavily , stare off at the moon and try to bite their own nose.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I give you credit for trying and being understanding about running a " sick " person back.

99% of charters would consider that the end of a trip - from # 65 to ramp is decent run.

Got to love it when guys insist on bringing their own gear - then break off a fish .

Few more years of chartering and you'll understand why older captains talk to themselves , drink heavily , stare off at the moon and try to bite their own nose.
OR; have a mate to deal with the customers If it was a good group, John was chatty, if they were a pain (either drunk adults or bored kids) I dealt with them
5th
Old 12-26-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
OR; have a mate to deal with the customers If it was a good group, John was chatty, if they were a pain (either drunk adults or bored kids) I dealt with them
5th
Retired people are very patient and are supposed to be good with kids and drunks

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 12-26-2014, 08:32 AM

I think Captain John's favorite passengers were kids (6-10 years old) who kept running in and out of the cabin and slamming the door

I think he ground his teeth down several inches on those days.

I didn't mind the kids so much. I would grab them and start games like tossing 9 inch shassy shads into a five gallon bucket from ten feet away. I'd get them into a little competition. What really aggravated me was the parents. They would sit back and watch the kids run around the boat, opening drawers and cabinets, and making a pain of themselves. It was as if they thought, "I paid for the boat for the next 6 hours, I own it".

I could never hire my boat out Even some of my friends wear tennis shoes with black soles
Which reminds me, I need to buy some more Mr Clean Magic Erasers:roll eyes:
5th