Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Default Late report (7-11) off Rock Hall

Sorry for the late report but better late than never right? I had 3 friends from out of town for a Sunday am trip. Ran from Chestertown at 5:30am. I haven't fished since trophy season. starting at 7:00, we trolled a 6 rod spread off Swan Point all rods using #17 Tonys except 1 with a green BFG. Hooked up a 30" before the 4th rod was out!! Trolled that area for a while without much more action. Trolled down to the triple bouys and didn't even mark a fish there. Tried back inside and hooked up with a bunch of small blues. Ended up with 8 blues, 1 undersized rock (very undersized), and a second 24" rock. Pulled the lines at 11 to make it back to eat crabs at 2. They had a good time and so did I. The trip sure was a lot less stressful thanks to the quick keeper in the box. Most fish seemed to come out of shallower water, 15-24'. Lost the shad on the BFG to a small blue as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Been having the same type of time in that area myself for most of the spring and summer....Only difference is that I have been getting lucky to get some big channel cats over there in the shallower areas (less than 7 to 8 feet)...Cant complain about the cats but the lack of other fish is surprising...Have not down any trolling since early spring but am really hoping that area heats up....