Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM

Default 5-6-12, No rain, No sun, easy fishing

This is only the 3rd time out on my boat this year, 4th time out total. Took a friend out that had never even seen the bay, much less been on it.
I have a 19' sea pro, had 10 tandems off the boards, longest line was 40'. 2 umbrella's and a spoon/cute combo back about 180'.
You can see in the pictures we did not go far, stayed in the same area all morning. I think we only made 6-8 passes back and forth east to west and back. Ended up with a spawned out 34", a still preggo 37" and a fat 24" throwback. All fish caught on lures that have not caught a fish before. One was a blueish pearl black back shad, a 6" sparkle chartreuse and a 9" RDT green shad. Everything off the boards, the 24" had no problem breaking the Scotty Clip.
Might try one more time next week.
Tight Lines,
John
Pictures would not upload, I was between 89/90 and the bridge in 45'-65'.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:02 PM

That's a pretty good day John. I hope your friend enjoyed himself out on the bay for the first time.

We had a fish last week that was a keeper, but didn't snap the rubber band so we didn't know we had him for a while. Last week most of the fish were on boat rods, but I can't recall dpeths as I was a guest and not paying attention too well.

I know someone else that caught a nice fat fish on a metal spoon a few days ago.....I'm kind of looking forward to the Blues coming in so I can finall use a few pounds of this half ton of metal that I keep toting around.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Thanks John! There seems to be a lot of shorts in the mix this spring, which is actually a good thing! Glad that you found them.

Don