Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM

Default Ramp price increase sucks

The wife & I planned a crabbing trip the 4th, not a good idea for a holiday.
We stop in Anglers to get a ramp permit & crabbing lic When I asked how much the ramp sticker was they replied $35 for the year at Queen Anne ramps I about had a stroke, it was $25 last year.....WTF...what are they going to do increase it to $45 next year, they don't even have dumpsters for your trash there & only one spot a pot. I'm sick of the State & counties milking us for every last penny they can get. We are going to cut back on the use of our boat & will most likely use only one ramp next year, I consider the ramp increase a deterrant for that particular county. screw em they won't get it next year.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM

Personnally I think the Queen Ann's Co pass is that bad a deal. $35 to get you access to all the ramps in the county, which is a lot of ramps. Most the ramps are nice and well maintained. How much do you spend on boating in a year? I know for me $35 is nothing in the big picture. It's $10 a pop at Breezy to launch. What's a state pass, $75? I've had days where I've lost more then $35 in jig heads. Nobody wants to pay more but look at what you get for your $$$.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:51 PM

Well...QA County needs to pay for the new sewage system in Queenstown. New home building was that county's bread-n-butter for the past 10 years, so I'm sure the economy has put the screws to their budgets. I cound't find ramp prices online, so I don't know what the fee is in other counties.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggydaddy View Post
The wife & I planned a crabbing trip the 4th, not a good idea for a holiday.
We stop in Anglers to get a ramp permit & crabbing lic When I asked how much the ramp sticker was they replied $35 for the year at Queen Anne ramps I about had a stroke, it was $25 last year.....WTF...what are they going to do increase it to $45 next year, they don't even have dumpsters for your trash there & only one spot a pot. I'm sick of the State & counties milking us for every last penny they can get. We are going to cut back on the use of our boat & will most likely use only one ramp next year, I consider the ramp increase a deterrant for that particular county. screw em they won't get it next year.
Stay on the West side then and launch out of the Magothy and/or Severn at $20 a pop.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdCrappie View Post
Stay on the West side then and launch out of the Magothy and/or Severn at $20 a pop.
It only cost 3 buks at Sandy point.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM

Give em hell Forrest.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Living in Westminster makes for a long drive, I doubt we could afford to make enough trips to use all the ramps in Queen Anne co. but I think most are missing the point the corp of engineers established the ramps in the first place free, the counties decided to charge for their use long before they we're updated & now they increase the price. If you think $35 is reasonable it won't be long before they go up again.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 AM

I gladly pay the $35.00 as I live only 1 mile to the ramp.

TED
Old 07-07-2010, 07:58 AM

either gonna pay a ramp "fee" or pay a ramp "tax". Since I don't use ramps, I'd much prefer the funding to not change to a "tax". How long was the fee $25? Has it increased a lot in recent years?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:13 AM

When I fish in Delaware as an out of stater it costs $35 for a seasonal public boat ramp pass, but if I pay per day at a private ramp it is $20. I may only go 4-5 times a year but it is still cheaper with the seasonal pass.
We have a ramp in my community it is free for residence but you have to buy a key to open the gate which is $20??? or borrow a key from the marina next door and hope you get back before they go home.

Last edited by onefishnfool; 07-07-2010 at 08:19 AM.