Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Default Jigging CCNP

I went out fishing this evening, caught 4 rock pitching jigs and spoons at the CCNP. Kept 1 for table fare, he had a few dozen worms in his stomach nothing else. I believe the high tide and lunar cycle has the fish feeding shallow at night eating up all those worms. Nothing else to report. Good Night.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Default conversation

On this forum do I have to ask specific questions to get dialogue started?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Good to hear some Rock are still in the discharge.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleBiology View Post
On this forum do I have to ask specific questions to get dialogue started?
No, this forum is barely viable and everyone knows each other for the most part. Go to Tidalfish.com if you want lots of responses and discussion. You posted good information, thank you, but even fishing reports barely get a nod here. Now, make friends with a few people and you can spend your time grab-assing with everyone else.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Default Tidal Fish???

Tidal fish??// Really.... I can't believe someone would recommend such torture, Too many whiners and complainers, good fisherman/people maintain dialogue and conversation. Men are apt to adaptation when conversations flow freely.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM

When you say evening was in the 4 to 6 PM timeframe or more like the 7 to 8 ? Have you drfited bloodworms or bottom fished them at all ?

Were they near rocks ? Sandy or muddy bottom ? any other features that stuck out where you were ?

Last edited by garlien; 06-03-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Didnt finish before submission..
Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 PM

The fish all came within a 1 hour window around 630, all of the fish came from the discharge however it appears most of that action is done for now. I use all synthethic baits.

Were they near rocks ? Sandy or muddy bottom ? any other features that stuck out where you were......I can only assume by your question that you haven't ventured to the CCNP before???
Old 06-03-2010, 09:58 PM

Thanks and congrats...Been a tough spring for me so I am hoping this weekend is when it turns around....

Old 06-03-2010, 10:00 PM

No...I have heard great stories...I spend most of my time from the Bay Bridge and north....Venture south every once in a great while....Trying to perfect some of my "home waters" before I work on other areas...
Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleBiology View Post
Tidal fish??// Really.... I can't believe someone would recommend such torture, Too many whiners and complainers, good fisherman/people maintain dialogue and conversation. Men are apt to adaptation when conversations flow freely.
I hope you are right, I keep giving it a chance, but past performance predicts future outcomes so I have my doubts. If you can get the dialogue going, I hope people will participate and post actual fishing information. Good luck

FWIW all my fish the last 2 weeks have been shallower than 20 feet, but it was that way last year and the year before this time of year for me. Fishing in the crab pots has been productive.

PS IMHO TF has gotten a lot better lately and a lot of people are starting to feel that way...hell every post of any substance on this board is repeated there anyway