Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-17-2014, 04:09 PM

Default Indoor Storage 12/17/14

Well, my Judge is sure getting pampered this winter

I always wanted a garage (like Skip) to keep my boat during the winter. It would be nice to not look outside and see her full of snow and ice. My old boat, the 22 Angler w/a, was shrink wrapped each winter and unwrapped each spring. When I bought the Judge, I had work done to her the last two winters (upgrades), so she didn't get shrink-wrapped. On more than one occasion, I was outside shoveling snow off her deck with a child's fiberglass shovel

This year, I was contemplating getting radar installed during the off season with my winnings from my Diamond Jim catch. However, there were so many "impostors" caught, that we only got $625 for each fish That certainly won't put radar on her, so instead, it put fuel in her for a couple trips to Point Lookout, and filled her belly for winter storage
Sooooo, today she went into the new storage place off Rt 97 in Ferndale/Glen Burnie; not 10 minutes from my house. She is all washed and ready for additional trips south to the Power Plant or maybe even East to O.C.; if the fish stay put for a while before heading to Virginia/North Carolina.
You have unlimited in/out access to your boat. Instead of taking all my equipment, cushions, and curtains off her, they stayed on the boat inside a temp. controlled warehouse (50*) at all times. I wet vac'ed all the water out of the bilge so that I shouldn't have to worry about mildew. I'll check on her periodically.

I stored her for three months. I usually start PSCR on St Patrick's day (March 17th). Let's hope we get some warm/calm days to bust her cherry early in 2015

I'll let you know how the experience goes.
5th
Old 12-17-2014, 09:19 PM

Sounds great. Hell at 50*, you can throw on shorts and a t-shirt and sit in the boat during Jan and Feb dreaming up your new spring spread. Just be sure not to leave too many beer cans "floating around" your boat!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:44 PM

I drive by there often. Saw a few boats being put away - looks very nice.

Trailering might be a pain compared to a slip or boat on a lift but great knowing
the boat is safe / sound indoors when storms hit.

You'll have to enter / win a tournament next year to pay for storage as Diamond Jim is no longer being done.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:32 PM

I went over there yesterday. I took the wife to see where the boat was being stored (as if she cared). I really wanted to see where it was in the building I told them I may use it this winter if we get good weather at the Power Plant, so I am right up front and it will be easy to get it out if I need it.
I'm sure I will be over there working on tackle and maybe cleaning the plexiglass windows too I may wait until the first major snowstorm to visit so I feel I got my monies worth
5th
Old 01-22-2015, 05:38 AM

I guess your loving that indoor storage now. You were probably sitting in the cockpit dreaming up some kind of crazy spread for the spring while it was snowing out yesterday.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:34 AM

As a matter of fact; I was there yesterday during the snow

I took my two step plexiglass cleaner system over and did, 1) spray bottle cleaning and then 2) liquid wax.

I was able to leave the curtains on her because of the 50* inside temperature.

5th
Old 01-22-2015, 05:21 PM

You lucky dog! Your already ahead of the game.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:11 PM

Yep; I think I'll wait for another nasty day and go switch over all my 6 inch baits from fall, over to 9 inch baits for spring

5th