Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-16-2015, 12:13 PM

The water a little stirred up and murky , by Florida standards anyway. But hey, at least it ain't frozen! Caught plenty of baits for tomorrow. If weather holds as forecasted, we are going to try a little daytime sword fighting and then work way inshore for some edge of the reef fishing.
Marty as you know I love the OLD classic makos and have 28' with fold down tower here. Got some used (one year old simrad plotters/ finders from a neighbor down here that is sponsored by them. As for the fishing don't plan on tarpon, still a tad early for them. Like I said tomorrow swords otherwise cobia snapper blackfin and whatever else may be biting! Will keep you all posted. Planning on coming back in may for the tarpon though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-16-2015, 12:47 PM

You should try some reef fishing at anchor.

If you happen to snag it - give me a call and 24 hours , I'll come recover it

You left just right - predicted 3-10 inches , with the normal chaos at stores everyone buying bread , milk and TP
Old 02-16-2015, 01:54 PM

I knew it was early for tarpon. I was down there in mid April one year and did well. I just wasn't sure how long you were going to stay

One year old Simrad equipment sounds like a winner

Good luck; keep the photo's coming.

5th (Marty)
Old 02-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
You should try some reef fishing at anchor.

If you happen to snag it - give me a call and 24 hours , I'll come recover it

You left just right - predicted 3-10 inches , with the normal chaos at stores everyone buying bread , milk and TP
Well if you really want to head down and retrieve some anchors your more than welcome skip. I would figure the legs would still be a little sore from seven days of diving in Cozumel! Usually down here on the patch reefs anyway, you snag the anchor, you look down see where it is and go over to get it! Nothing like the murky chesapeake. We will see what happens tomorrow. Will post pics if we get into anything interesting. Sory about the snow, but Marty and skip both live close enough to me they can clean the driveway and walks then take snowblower to go make some spring fishing fuel money, that is if you get bored.