Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Breezy Results Nov 9 w pics

Left from Breezy Marina this morning at about 6:45 with my brother-in-law Chris (Tfer Shaky Rod) and his friend Skip. Before launching, I spent some time talking with the Catman (Leon) to see what local information I could pick up. Thanks Leon, your advice paid off. Instead of running too far south we stayed right out front working as far south as 78A. Today was my first trip this fall using planer boards and the extra effort was worth it. All fish were caught in 65-70 feet of water. Caught a total of 5 fish and lost 2 good size fish within 15 feet of the boat. The fish we kept were 25, 26, 28, 30 and 40+ inches. Skip caught the 40” fish, which was his first fish any size, so I agreed to keep it. Stopped by Tyler’s to check it in and get Skip’s citation, but they were unable to do so. Evidently they were out of the necessary forms. Wanted to take a detour and hit Marty’s, but time didn’t permit. Glad we didn’t since we had a blowout on one of the boat trailer’s tires on I-95; oh what fun.

Of the 7 fish we hooked up, 5 of them hit 9” baits. The other 2 hit 6” baits. The planer board rods accounted for 5 of the hits. I would also estimate that 3 of the 7 fish hit baits that were no deeper than 12-15 feet. We also snagged a 9-10” menhaden when we went through a large bait pod, so the larger bait is starting to show up. Didn’t see that many birds either. Most of the fish we hooked up came out of nowhere, which was a surprise to me. I kept expecting the fish we would catch would come from schools feeding on bait pods; only had a few hits along those lines. Don’t get many days like we had today on the Bay. Sunny, warm and barely a breeze until around 11am. Catching some fish was just icing on the cake….Don

First picture is Skip with his first citation rock and the second picture is Chris with the 30” fish he caught. Tried twice to upload pictures and received error message each time. If you want to see the pics, you will need to check THAT OTHER website

Last edited by drichitt; 11-09-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 PM

Nice job Don. As soon as I get on the trailer; I'll get down that way. Sorry to hear about the trailer tire; do you have a tandem or single axle? 5th (Marty)
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to mburrows

Thanks for the post Don. Hopefully I'll get down later this week.

Mike
Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 PM

Good stuff Don. Heading out of Solomons in the am and will post when we get back in.

1998 Sea Hunt 202 Triton
"Hoopty"
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Nice job Don. As soon as I get on the trailer; I'll get down that way. Sorry to hear about the trailer tire; do you have a tandem or single axle? 5th (Marty)
Tandem axle Marty, thank god. I ran it on one tire for another mile to get off of 95. The guys that fished with me are real NASCAR nuts and always wanted to work on a pit crew. We had that tire changed in 5.76 minutes...Don
Old 11-10-2009, 05:01 PM

Nice pics Don.......................Mark
Old 11-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Don, you are the man.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 PM

Skip's first fish was a 40+?!? He'll be spoiled for life!

Thanks for the report Don.

-JB