Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 PM

Default 4-6-2012 Not Much to Report

We headed out about 10:30 to get in a little time on the water. Left the marina, felt the wind and saw the whitecaps in the creek, and decided to wait it out a while. Headed up the creek for a bit and played with the ultralight gear. It was worth a small White Perch and one nice Yellow Perch. Caught them both on a chrome Super Duper.

Went back towards the bay and it looked a little better out so we ran to the channel where we ended up in some really sloppy water again. The waves were so big that apparently they were hiding the whitecaps from sight when we were still leaving the creek. Got beat up for about an hour and called it quits.

The water had a very slight mocha color to it. The creeks were actually really clear. Not sure where the color change came from.....it wasn't much, just enough to be noticed.

Saw no one else out there today....no surprise I guess. Everyone that dared to go out was probably well south of the bridge while we were still a couple of miles north of it.

Saw a fair amount of bait (not as much as previous trips this year) and maybe a few fish on the Lowrance. Nothing very exciting though.

Anyone else go out today? I saw a few boats trailering down college parkway towards Sandy Point this morning.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM

Mike's boat? Was it water in the tank?
5th
Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Looks like it was all distributer problems...Points and rotor...Replaced the cap as well....

Powers just fine now, except right at 1K RPM's...Think the carburator may have been gunked up, damaged, etc...from the rough running of the distributer...

Takes a week to get it rebuilt...That is not going to happen any time soon...The issue at 1K comes and goes...Today it was almost non existent...

So next time I have to travel out of town for work, guess I will get it done...

Have to agree with Scott water was a lot dirtier that it has been, small debris in the water...At least we know the White Perch are up in the creeks now...Water temps seem to have stabalized over the last week in the upper bay and this week does not look like its going to change much...

Forecast windy for the next 2 to 3 days...

Guess I will have to wait to until later in the week to try again....

I am starting to get excited, salinity levels were above 9 last time I checked, temps are just getting to that perfect 55 to 62ish degrees...I think we are going to have a lot more Blues, Hardheads, and Stripers north of the bridge this year....

Will be a big change from catfish in the shipping channel for sure...
Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Mike; I'm glad she's running better. Reports have been much better the last couple of days. I hope to be out with John later next week.
5th (Marty)
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 PM

Let me know what days you guys might be heading out...
Old 04-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Mike; I'm glad she's running better. Reports have been much better the last couple of days. I hope to be out with John later next week.
5th (Marty)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
Let me know what days you guys might be heading out...
The only work I have booked for the week so far is tomorrow (Easter Sunday) and Wednesday night from 9pm to whenever I get done.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 PM

Capt John is going to shoot for Wed Morning 8am. Scott, Mike, Charlie, all are invited. We will check out the weather on Monday (for Wed).
5th (Marty)
Old 04-08-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Capt John is going to shoot for Wed Morning 8am. Scott, Mike, Charlie, all are invited. We will check out the weather on Monday (for Wed).
5th (Marty)
My Wed gig got moved to Tuesday night, but provided I can get that wrapped up before sunrise, I think I can get a pass from SWMBO if the winds cooperate for Wed.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:25 AM

Thanks for the post Kate and I saw those 30 knot winds on the WX sites on Saturday, and s--t canned it. I really wanted to go out and play with my new HDS-10, but that will have to wait.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Anyone else go out today? I saw a few boats trailering down college parkway towards Sandy Point this morning.
I was out there Friday, although I did not fish... I launched at Sandy Point and ran around the corner, back into mill creek to throw the boat in a slip for the night. My parents came down to visit for the holiday and I wanted to take them out on the boat. My thoughts were keep her in a slip Friday night, that way we could choose to run to the bay or stay back in the creek on Saturday... We ultimately chose to run down south, trolled for a few hours, and caught 3, missed one (never came tight after popping scotty clip). Was a decent day of fishing, the run back to SPSP with the 20mph north wind sucked though.