Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Default Patent Pending 4/11/12

What a sweet day. We left the dock at 8am for an easy day of C/R fishing with three guests and Captain John and me.

The first fish hit my damn six pack shortly after putting the lines in the water. As we were putting the rod back out, an umbrella off the boat bent with the weight of another nice fish. Sea lice was all over the gunnel and deck. Another fish came off the six pack, and everyone who sees this rig shakes their head and can't believe it has been so productive.

The boards got hot the rest of the day and everyone had a great day.

We worked the western side just north of Ches. Beach in 50 ft of water. We caught fish up until the storms started building over the western shore. The skys turned dark, the wind picked up, and we racked rods.

Once back in the slip, the sun came back out, the winds died, and I washed the boat off in nice weather.

I didn't take any photo's today because John was using his new camera (similar to a go pro camera). The footage turned out great. The whole back of the boat is in view and the camera has some sort of stabilizer built in, because you don't see the roll or tossing of the boat.

We can mount it (with suction cup) just under the roof to keep it out of the elements (even though it's water proof).

Great day, fun crew, and I finally got John to make shirts for me with "Patent Pending" stenciled on the shirt.

I can't wait for the season to start.
5th (Marty)
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Nice catching - wondered if you got out.

Looked ugly in Baltimore all morning - dark clouds and windy.

Cool to hear fish still have sea lice.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 AM

Sounds great! Sorry I missed it. After working on a crappy jobsite 6 floors underground all day yesterday I think this upper repiratory infection is going to kill me. And deather really puts a damper on my fishing time.

Cool that not only were they loaded with lice, but that you caught them a lot further north than the last few times I went out with you.

Maybe the "trophy" season won't be a bust after all.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
What a sweet day. We left the dock at 8am for an easy day of C/R fishing with three guests and Captain John and me.

The first fish hit my damn six pack shortly after putting the lines in the water. As we were putting the rod back out, an umbrella off the boat bent with the weight of another nice fish. Sea lice was all over the gunnel and deck. Another fish came off the six pack, and everyone who sees this rig shakes their head and can't believe it has been so productive.

The boards got hot the rest of the day and everyone had a great day.

We worked the western side just north of Ches. Beach in 50 ft of water. We caught fish up until the storms started building over the western shore. The skys turned dark, the wind picked up, and we racked rods.

Once back in the slip, the sun came back out, the winds died, and I washed the boat off in nice weather.

I didn't take any photo's today because John was using his new camera (similar to a go pro camera). The footage turned out great. The whole back of the boat is in view and the camera has some sort of stabilizer built in, because you don't see the roll or tossing of the boat.

We can mount it (with suction cup) just under the roof to keep it out of the elements (even though it's water proof).

Great day, fun crew, and I finally got John to make shirts for me with "Patent Pending" stenciled on the shirt.

I can't wait for the season to start.
5th (Marty)
Where in the spread are you running the 6pack? I bought two of them last fall, and didn't have much success. I was running them 100' back, no weight on the board... Maybe I should try to throw it back in the spread

Also, parachute, bucktail, unweighted shad, or Tsunami shad as the hooked bait? I had Tsunamis on the last year.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 AM

Marty , Sorry I had to miss it but I've only got 1 week left on that FD course I'm taking, so I wanted to be ready for last nights session. As it turned out, just as I was about to begin my evolution the supply pumper blew out the fire hydrant!! It was a god awful mess but I had to leave to get back to Tilghman. We were done for the night anyhow! How many total fish did you boat ? When I spoke to you at 9:15 you already had two !
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM

6168; I run the 6 pack 200ft back off the boat. Mine has 6 nine inch shads as teasers and I run a 4 oz chute with 9 inch shad as a bait.

Charlie; I was told not to give an exact count, but it was more than any day you were with us.

Best of luck on your FD exams.
5th (Marty)
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
6168; I run the 6 pack 200ft back off the boat. Mine has 6 nine inch shads as teasers and I run a 4 oz chute with 9 inch shad as a bait.

Charlie; I was told not to give an exact count, but it was more than any day you were with us.

Best of luck on your FD exams.
5th (Marty)
You must have a completely different bait than what I am thinking. Both of mine look like this link: http://www.striper.net/tackle_termin...-schoolies.htm

Anyway. Lot's to do today, I need to get off here!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:27 PM

ste6168, that is what I thought Marty was talking about. Marty please explain what you mean by a 6 pack
Old 04-12-2012, 03:10 PM

That's it. Was I not describing it correctly? The one I have was home made so it appears to have much more space between the bars (big enough for a 9 inch shad to be attached as a teaser and still have some room left over. Maybe there's 12 inches between the bars.

This one rig has caught 60% of our fish this C/R season. Now I must admit, yesterday the boards got hot in the afternoon. I had two tandem rigs and two small six arm umbrellas off the boards. It was choppy, so I had #64 rubberbands off the board lines.

We were really encouraged to see so much sea lice. I think we will have a good season after all. Remember, water temps. are only one factor which causes spawning. There are other factors that come into play as well. The position of the sun and moon, and quite possibly a full moon, bear some percentage on the desire to spawn.

5th (Marty)
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the report marty. The best has not begun, we are in store for some gret fishing opportunities

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot