Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2015, 06:33 PM

Default Holy Crap!!

Per CCA email today!!

Interesting developments at the ASMFC today. There was a "move to include an additional option for Maryland and the Potomac River Fisheries Commission for a spring trophy fishery, pending approval by the TC, of one fish at 28-36" or one fish over 40". Motion by Mr. O'Connel, second by Mr. Gary."

This motion passed!!

This doesn't mean this will be the new 2015 season regulations; but it means there is now another option on the table which includes what we all thought would be adopted (36' fish or larger).

This is going to get interesting
5th
Old 02-05-2015, 06:42 PM

Don't worry Marty, I am sure you will limit out every trip... Hope your keeping warm...

Joe
Old 02-05-2015, 07:12 PM

Not really worried about "limiting out" because I don't bring very many trophy size fish home anyway. I like a 25-30 inch fish for eating; but my guests (some who don't fish much) like to take home a "big one".

Charters will have a real problem throwing 37, 38, and 39 inch fish back:roll eyes:
5th
Old 02-05-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
what we all thought would be adopted (36' fish or larger).

This is going to get interesting
5th
36' or larger fish?? Sounds like you might be needing a bigger boat!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Not really worried about "limiting out" because I don't bring very many trophy size fish home anyway. I like a 25-30 inch fish for eating; but my guests (some who don't fish much) like to take home a "big one".

Charters will have a real problem throwing 37, 38, and 39 inch fish back:roll eyes:
5th
This new proposal was proposed by the charterboat people. First at the January SFAC then the TFAC.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
This new proposal was proposed by the charterboat people. First at the January SFAC then the TFAC.
Wasn't it proposed by "some" of the charter boat people? A certain sector in Solomon's?

As I said, I can live with a slot limit, but won't charter customers have a problem tossing back those slot fish?
5th
Old 02-06-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Wasn't it proposed by "some" of the charter boat people? A certain sector in Solomon's?

As I said, I can live with a slot limit, but won't charter customers have a problem tossing back those slot fish?
5th
If you knew that, why didn't you post that in the original post?

Whether you knew this or not, The Maryland Charterboat Association and the Upper Bay Captain's Association are both on board with the proposal.

That only leaves some the Deale Boys not spoken for since the Rod and Reel guys are mixed in with the Solomon group.

Oh and the president of the MCA has resigned.

Personally, I'd rather have 28" to 36" and the original proposal of over 43" then anything else.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:

5th
I would just like to be able to give my customers a credible answer as to why we need to save certain size fish. If it is to save the large breeders, so be it. The two proposals above seem to contradict each others ultimate goals.
Maybe we will have a decision before April 18th.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
I would just like to be able to give my customers a credible answer as to why we need to save certain size fish. If it is to save the large breeders, so be it. The two proposals above seem to contradict each others ultimate goals.
Maybe we will have a decision before April 18th.
The two proposals above are the same except the /or over 40". The original proposal was for 44" and the Soloman's group changed it to 40 or 41 in a letter to TFAC.

Either way, the intention was to protect the breeders of over 36". I might add that the commercial sector has a max limit of 36".
Old 02-06-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
The two proposals above are the same except the /or over 40". The original proposal was for 44" and the Soloman's group changed it to 40 or 41 in a letter to TFAC.

Either way, the intention was to protect the breeders of over 36". I might add that the commercial sector has a max limit of 36".
Reds,
Sorry, the proposals that I was referring to were the two in 5th's original post.
"one fish over 36" and "one fish between 28 and 36" and one over 40".
The one fish over 36" doesn't do much protecting of the breeders.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)