Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-05-2014, 08:43 PM

Default PLO 12/5/14 w/photo

I couldn't decide if I wanted to trailer to OC and try for some big trophy fish, or hit PLO for some smaller, but plentiful, fish. Greg (Bfaithful) has been having great success down south. I called him for a recent report and he said he was heading to PLO. I don't have radar and this time of year, the threat of fog is always a possibility. Greg has radar, so I figured if I had too, I could follow him out to the channel

Luckily, the weather was nice and we could find our own way Left the dock at 7:15am and ran out near the channel while looking for birds. A few birds were flying but nothing working the water as we ran out. Once near the channel, we dropped all 20 lines with planer boards (the only mistake of the day). We put about 25 keeper fish in the boat, and all but 3 came off boat rods with umbrellas with 6 inch baits.

We kept our limit of 8 fish. They averaged 26-27 inches with only one being an over (32). Several times we had no one at the wheel (I have a second station just in case I needed to make a correction). One rod would go off and Jeff (chessie27) would grab the rod, then another and Jason (Rockin Robin) would grab it, then another and Capt. John (Patent Pending) would grab it, I would watch from the front and Jason would yell, Marty, we got another one for you. I would leave the wheel and we would all be fighting fish As we brought the fish aboard, we would size them up and toss the two smallest ones back. This only happened twice, but we often had two anglers engaged with fish.

All boat rods caught. I ran 14 bars with 8oz; 12 bars with 10oz; 10 bars with 12 oz; 8 bars with 16oz; 5 bars with 20oz; and 5 bars with 24oz.

One of the board rods popped and Jeff was the unfortunate one to have to bring in a spinning fish that was closest to the board (140ft) and 13 bars back (130ft) So as he was bringing in the fish back 270 ft:roll eyes:;he complained all the way to the net
Jason had another board rod pop that was back almost as far, and had to take his jacket off because he was working so hard to bring in the fish

It was a fun day razzing each other, telling lies, and catching fish. It was a great crew, and with Jason and Jeff sharing responsibility at the wheel (both owned Judge 27's), I got to reel in a fair number of fish today as well.

We pulled lines at 10:15, loaded the boat, drove back to South County Cafe, and Capt. John cleaned all the fish for us

Home before dark and ready to do it again next week (if the weather cooperates).

Thanks to a great crew; it made my day stress free and very enjoyable

5th (Marty)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1527.jpg (95.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Marty, glad you all had a great day. I am glad you all decided to head south rather than east. Always comforting having a friend out there!

You really had team Judge Yachts with Jeff, Jason, and yourself all on one boat! Did Jeff ask where the heat was since he is now used to a bigger comfy 36

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-05-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 PM

270'??? Yeah right! I think the clicker was off and it spooled the reel before I unfortunately noticed it! I'm not sure how you got over 2,000 yards of 40# test on a Penn330 but I cranked that thing in like a windless!!

Awesome day, crew, and boat! I thank you gents for allowing me to tag along and that "other" guy for putting us on them!!

Old 12-05-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Marty, glad you all had a great day. I am glad you all decided to head south rather than east. Always comforting having a friend out there!

You really had team Judge Yachts with Jeff, Jason, and yourself all on one boat! Did Jeff ask where the heat was since he is now used to a bigger comfy 36 now

They pushed me outside to work the square end of the boat! I like the pointy end! It was so much tougher back there than just barking out orders from the Captain's chair, I never even noticed it was mildly cool. Perfect weather, crowd, and day. Marty timed the rain perfectly; as soon as we were in the truck, the windshield was covered.

Glad I could be there!! Thanks Men!!!!

Last edited by Chessie27; 12-06-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:43 PM

It was a great time guys... it is actually a good thing I don't have a trailer. With the kind of action we had down there I would be fishing down there every day.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post
It was a great time guys... it is actually a good thing I don't have a trailer. With the kind of action we had down there I would be fishing down there every day.
Jason, I see a gray tundra and a trailer in your future.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-06-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:58 PM

I did notice there was an abundance of Judge Yachts out there yesterday. I counted 4 including me....

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-06-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Where did you find that guy that cleans all of the fish at the end of the day? I need me one of them guys Sounded like a fun trip