Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Default Several Days

Hello Fellas,
I forgot about this board til today.
4-18, took an old friend out, got a 35.75" and lost a big one at the back of the boat that hit an umbrella with 6" baits, I don't think the hook had enough of a bite to hold the fish.
4-19, did not go because of the wind, went golfling.
4-25, took the girlfriend, lots of jellies, a skunk, and almost sunk the boat. At the ramp, I have a million things to do, she said "what can I do", I said get the plug, which she did, and she set it on the back of the boat so I could reach it. I implied, get the plug and put it in the back of the boat. Didn't notice the error til I had both umbrellas out, both boards out and working on the 5th planer rod, I thought that's weird, why are my feet wet? checked the battery box and it was full of water, there was 8-10" of water in the cuddy. I throttled up to 12-15 with hopes the water would begin to drain or not get any worse, I began retrieving the umbrellas, board lines and the the planer boards at speed. My shoulders and back were toast, got everything on board and throttled up to 25-30 while Barb bailed with her coffee mug. She broke my parachute hair brush and used the handle wrapped in a rag to block the hole so I could get the trailer and pull the boat to put another plug in. phew, made it.
4-26-15, took Barb's bosses 9 yr old son out, a big fat skunk, cleaning jellies all day, not even an hit.
5-2-15, took Ray out again, we had 3 fish, 37", 37.5" and a 20" all released.
Hope to try again this Saturday, looking for that 65#er
Old 05-06-2015, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the report. Good to hear your quick thinking and strong back prevented a disaster.