Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 05-08-2015, 10:10 AM

Default Sick of Waiting 5/7 Report

I've fished the last 3 weekends and it's been really slow down south. I've only caught a couple per trip, but at least the ones I have caught have been quality fish. I knew they were catching good north of me, but just kept thinking I'll see them soon. Well yesterday I decided if the fish wouldn't come to me I would go to them! Had an awesome day with boat rods catching the first 5 fish and then the board rods getting hot. Ended up running out of Scotty clips and called it a day around 3pm. Fished next to all the "big boys", you know who I mean. Glad I could go during the week because I'm sure it will be a zoo there this weekend! No way I would attempt it, especially fishing solo like I did yesterday. Love the fuel burn numbers of the Judge!!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:32 PM

You are right; they will be down to you soon
Glad you had a nice trip north
By the way; I saw your newest video of the first fish of 2015. Good stuff.
Did you video anything from this latest trip?
5th (Marty)
Old 05-08-2015, 04:41 PM

After the 2nd slow trip this spring, I decided to blame the GoPro and stopped using it! Wish I had it yesterday though...

I had to add the Brad Paisley song to that video to cover up the constant beeping that started as soon as I pulled the throttle back. Damn check engine light AGAIN for the oxygen sensor! I'm now on my 5th one!!

My wife just shook her head when I showed her the video...
https://youtu.be/QdVV-6lsllA
Old 05-08-2015, 10:46 PM

Last time I had an oxygen sensor alarm, I contacted Honda and found out that depending upon your serial number, there is a "kit" for replacing the sensor and "reseting" the parameters for the alarm.

Mine needed the new sensor, a replacement manifold, and the "flash" of the computer for the new parameters. Essentially, Honda told me the alarm is a "false" alarm and with the parameters now being larger, you shouldn't get an alarm

No problem since "the kit".
5th (Marty)
Old 05-09-2015, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Last time I had an oxygen sensor alarm, I contacted Honda and found out that depending upon your serial number, there is a "kit" for replacing the sensor and "reseting" the parameters for the alarm.

Mine needed the new sensor, a replacement manifold, and the "flash" of the computer for the new parameters. Essentially, Honda told me the alarm is a "false" alarm and with the parameters now being larger, you shouldn't get an alarm

No problem since "the kit".
5th (Marty)
X2. New manifold and a reflash of ECM.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:22 AM

I had the new style O2 sensor last time as well as the computer reflash. That sensor lasted the longest, about 2 years. Luckily I did a preseason trip this year, because that is when the sensor failed with only 4 days left on the extended warranty from Honda. I'll call Honda about the manifold.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:29 AM

At least now I know how to read and erase the codes from the computer! I'll probably just buy a spare to keep on the boat. Not cheap but not much is on a boat! It's a 5 minute job and can easily be done on the water.