Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-10-2017, 08:11 PM

Default The last week or so...

I have been so busy with work that it has been hard to take the time to write about how fishing has been...For the most part it has been really good. As Marty said the fall pattern has really started and the traditional fall spots are paying off...

The Friday before labor day was one of the best fishing days of the year. Scott and I headed south of the Bridge and almost immediately found working birds...We were on a nice grade of striped bass for hours...Decent sized blues mixed in as well...I saw Greg, Lolo, and Jason in the area and it looked like all were making a good day of it...Our fish were all jigged on metal 1.5 and 2.0 oz jigs...

Labor day was not as good....Too many boats and too much pressure on the fish...My oldest son, Chris, caught a few in that same area south of the bridge (west side). Headed to the east side to get away from the sailboats and last weekend of the year fishing boats...Matapeake to Love Point did not produce much for me at all....Got a few more around Swan Point again on metal jigs.

Friday the 8th was another good day. Was able to get out with Scott and our friend Jim (who has not been out in the bay much)...We all caught fish on top water lure and jigs. We followed birds from inside the Chester and then around Love Point. We had a blast...Most of our fish were on top water lures. We were just having fun on light tackle. Was surprised to find a few blues mixed in as well.

Headed out for a couple hours today...Wind was out of the NE and that is always a pain...Birds were very scattered and most were just sitting in the water. Tried Love Point and did not get much a few here and there. After a while I headed back to one of my go to spots on the way home and got into a decent school of 16 to 20 inch fish to throw top water at. Caught a couple small ones on smaller jigs as well as some perch.

All in all a good few days on the water. Glad to hear most of us are doing well. Hoping to get out a couple of days this week around the rain and then in two weeks heading down to the Pocomoke to fish with a couple of friends for a few days.

See ya all out there !
Old 09-13-2017, 07:45 AM

Jim using that buzzbait was hilarious. I can't believe he caught so many fish on it.