Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
One wonders if the one single person would look the other way, if someone took business away from him without the proper licenses.
Well I have to give you credit. At least you have the balls to admit that it was a vendetta against one person. Now if I could just get Brandon to admit he was USED by the MCBA to accomplish this fact.

It was a great chess move to get Brandon to make the proposal. It worked to perfection.

5th (Marty)
Old 09-12-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
One wonders if the one single person would look the other way, if someone took business away from him without the proper licenses.
First off, Garlien, nice report.

So that's great, you target an entire fishery because one guy runs an illegal charter under the guise of "helping out others" I still believe it will backfire. Surprisingly few people actually give a crap about the one guy (because everyone is afraid just to say Skip), but most people do care about their right to fish. That being said, a group who attacks a rec's right to fish because of their own personal feelings about an individual will likely suffer because less people will utilize your service. It is funny that so many in this fight to shut it down, actually run PSC&R trips! They were not even smart enough to take them off their websites!!

All this being said, I'm a Comm also, but i do know where my bread is buttered so I'm not going to stand out and attack a group of people who help pay my salary due to personal feelings about one attention whore who runs an illegal charter.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Well I have to give you credit. At least you have the balls to admit that it was a vendetta against one person. Now if I could just get Brandon to admit he was USED by the MCBA to accomplish this fact.

It was a great chess move to get Brandon to make the proposal. It worked to perfection.

5th (Marty)
Vendetta? What vendetta?

The bloody pictures were posted on a web forum based in New Jersey, then one in New England. The post that went with the pictures explained that the guys in the photos were in Maryland's Chesapeake Bay and it was supposed to be a catch and release fishery at that time of the year.

Since ASMFC member states monitor all of the important fishing forums, it didn't take long for them to get the word to Maryland DNR of their concern for the mortality in a supposed catch and release time of the year.

Place the blame where you want, but the truth is, the pictures were the proof that ASMFC needed to push DNR to act.