Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
We should be getting confirmation any day that the 3 rod rule has been eliminated through emergency legislation. When that happens, then I can celebrate, for this year

5th (Marty)
Any word yet?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:47 AM

I have heard nothing

I signed up for "constant contact" email from DNR, no news as of today.

5th
Old 03-13-2014, 11:53 AM

I just spoke to DNR (Sarah Widman) and no news yet. Still waiting on one committee member to sign off on the legislation

Three rod rule is still in effect as of now
5th
Old 03-13-2014, 04:54 PM

Does the 3 rod per person rule that currently is in effect nullify the 6 rod per boat for preseason? I will just bring 2 friends and run 9 rods.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Does the 3 rod per person rule that currently is in effect nullify the 6 rod per boat for preseason? I will just bring 2 friends and run 9 rods.
You rascal
5th
Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 PM

The Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review Committee has approved the emergency regulation. There is no longer a 3 fishing rod limit per person in tidal waters. The emergency regulation is effective beginning March 20, 2014 and will remain in effect for 180 days. The Department is currently discussing recreational gear regulations, including rod limits, with the Sport Fisheries Advisory Commission, fishing tackle shop businesses, sports fishermen and other interested parties. Based upon this information obtained from outreach with the recreational fishing community over the coming weeks, a permanent regulation will be submitted later this year.

Sarah Widman
Maryland DNR

Yahoo,
5th
Old 03-21-2014, 04:52 AM

Alright!!! Now we just need to pray for warm enough weather to use the boat within the next 180 days!

My guess is that there may be some sort of public meeting/ hearing on this topic within the 180 days?? I certainly would behoove people to show up to make sure that this law goes away permanently.

I vote for Marty to stay on top of this so we don't miss anything.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Alright!!! Now we just need to pray for warm enough weather to use the boat within the next 180 days!

My guess is that there may be some sort of public meeting/ hearing on this topic within the 180 days?? I certainly would behoove people to show up to make sure that this law goes away permanently.

I vote for Marty to stay on top of this so we don't miss anything.
Chessie,
My boat is snuggled in the slip and I will probably take it for a spin today.
Anything above 30deg is warm after this winter.

I think Mr. Carter has done a great job keeping us working people updated on this event. I guess I will have to retire next year so I can keep up with all the changes. Second thought, maybe I will just go to the Keys for half a year.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 03-21-2014, 07:42 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words, but I'm just the messenger. A good group of "scouts" is necessary for great fishing and it seems like it's needed for fishing regulations as well
A special thanks to Reds for 1st bringing this to my attention, Skip for giving me the final word, and Keith (AllTackle) for playing a pivotal part in rolling this legislation back

As you can see, the SFAC is continuing to look at gear. If the last gear committee meeting is any indication of what's to come, we need to stay vigilant in protecting each and every way of fishing. Too often, each stakeholder is too quick to "give up" a different stakeholders methods.
As I said to DNR at the last meeting, "DNR has many tools at their disposal in order help conserve the stock", but this three rod rule wasn't even proposed to be a conservation method
MSSA and CCA will be more aware of impending legislation and will notify us in a more timely manner in the future, HOWEVER, don't for an instant think that MSSA represents your "voice". I have personally seen MSSA committee members representing their own personal interests at the expense of other anglers. This bothers me, and it should bother you too. All MSSA members (of which I am not one) should call MSSA and "remind" them that they represent all anglers and that they will be held accountable for their decisions at the upcoming meetings.

Loading the boat today,
5th (Marty)
Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 AM

Can I sign a paper that says Marty represents me at these meetings?