Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2010, 10:16 AM

Default Fishing Reports

Have we become overly sensitive to posting reports? After all we fought hard last year to keep the preseason open. Of course we dont need photos or fish counts but it would be nice to see posts where people are enjoying what we worked so hard for collectively to have access to. I know I think I was being overly sensitive...

Anyhow, I have been fishing BPL area once a week and have had a lot of fun. My son's 10 year old friend, who have never caught a striper before, landed a fat 45" last sat as his first fish. I dont think he appreciated that it was probably a fish of a lifetime for many people. Most fish we caught have been cookie-cutter spring fish in the 32-34" range though. We certainly have not had hot and heavy action but have had some slow picks going. I have had some good company such as reeltor, my son and his friend. I am shooting for at least two days next week with my son off for spring break. It is a great time to see him reel in a fish.

I will also note that while the 6 rod restriction is a bit of a downer and went beyond ensuring just a low mortality rate, we have been able to find a few fish and found that it hasnt been that bad. I have been trolling one board with 5 off the board and one deep rod with an umbrella and 20oz of weight. The board rods saw 2 solo chutes and 3 tandems. It seems to work for a few fish.

I hope to see some more reports here since this is what we worked hard for to keep open. Like I said, we dont need photos or fish counts but it would be nice to hear and read of others enjoying the access and opportunity we have!

Last edited by B-Faithful; 03-26-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM

It's a personal choice for me. I'm still fuming. I've been out and have caught. I'm sending PM reports to like minded anglers and to those who have given me good info over the years. It's not that I think my info is super secret or better than anybody else'. I'll include you in any future pm reports.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Baldzilla

Oversensitive, no...guarded, yes. I am not posting, not because of the PSC&R, just because of the BS that surrounds fishing reports. I don't feel the need to put it out on a public site with 50,000 members. I share my information willingly with those who share with me, and even some that don't. I have been fishing 3-4 days a week since January whether it be 1 hour or 8 hours, and after that and work and family, usually don't feel like going here and writing a dissertation, uploading pictures, etc. When I used to post a lot of reports on the other site, I used to get 20 or so PMS per post asking me questions. I am more than willing to help and I felt bad if I didn't respond to every one. Posting reports became work. So I stopped. Not because of PSC&R.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 AM

Didn't take long for this board to become the same as TF. Which I knew would happen anyway. Everyone raved that this board would only be fishing reports and how to's. We can understand very few fishing reports during the winter but now that fishing has started in earnest no one wants to post. Neat.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM

I'll tell everybody everything I catch and where I caught it. Big pictures too.

I'm good enough that I can find new spots if one gets overfished.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdracer View Post
Didn't take long for this board to become the same as TF. Which I knew would happen anyway. Everyone raved that this board would only be fishing reports and how to's. We can understand very few fishing reports during the winter but now that fishing has started in earnest no one wants to post. Neat.
I think that's still because most of us haven't really fished yet.

Splashing the boat once and throwing a few rods out on the shake down cruise doesn't really count as fishing.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdracer View Post
Its just not gonna happen, and anyone that thinks this board can possible sustain itself based on fishing reports, is either kidding themselves or is stupid.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM

Been thinking about it for a while...not going to post fishing reports anymore...on either board....As baldzilla said the word is "guarded"......I have been out 23 times this year....that's all I can say.......
Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 PM

I have not been out fishing yet but can understand the feelings of those who have and are not posting. The internet and fishing boards are a double edged sword and those who have been cut are " guarded " Any one can make a mistake but only a fool makes the same mistakes over and over. We all have our private little groups with whom we will share our information. You always have to give a little to get a little. There is no free lunches. Sad but true............Gary
Old 03-26-2010, 02:48 PM

Just cut the shrink wrap on my boat and waiting for the waters to clear some near me before I give it a shot or I have a long run to get to productive waters. I will be careful about what I post, but will post something when I get out.