Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-30-2017, 06:22 AM

Default Thank you Uncle Jake

Had to fish a small marina shootout tournament Saturday at Atlantic Marina Resort. Dale and I left the slip at Lucky Jays marina around 0515 to head over to AMR to pick up a few crew members. I received some intel Friday evening from some other anglers ay Jays about some nice fish inside the bodkin and figured what the hell its early. So as Dale and I crossed the bar on Bodkin Point we slowed to a crawl said Hi to Uncle Jake and poured a shot of captain Morgan in the water to warm him up. Still o dark thirty and Dale points out some birds flying through one of the dock lites on the point with Big swirls in very shallow water. I motored in as close as I could get and began casting surface plugs and a Capt. John spoon handle jig. On the third cast the spoon came tight and Jake rewarded us with a very nice 35” striper. Tried a couple more time but nothing. I think the commotion of such a large fish in very shallow water may have spooked what may have been there. We picked up the rest of the crew and just went out front of the marina in the patapsco and set a spread of Marty’s umbrellas rigged with curly tails and shad hook baits. We had a very successful and bumpy trip catching several 21”-23” fish and one 26” that was very sick and went back and one more just shy of 28”. Headed in around noon thinking we may have at least first and second place spots. We wound up finishing first but another boat came in with a cooler full of quality fish that were caught out front in front of Bodkin point.
Would like to thank Marty for some baits and Intel, Uncle Jake for luck and Lucky Jay for being the official again this year for the tournament. For the third straight year AMR will hold the marina shootout trophy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ED155E58-7ABE-4E13-93B0-C4507BFD041F.jpg (14.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 07:15 AM

See; it pays to be nice to Uncle Jake

Congratulations on the win !!!

A 35" fish is quality at any time of the year. Glad you found her when you needed her the most.

Jay's anchorage/marina is getting a reputation among fishermen; I guess the rates will go up next year for sure

Now; if this wind would lay down
5th
Old 10-30-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
See; it pays to be nice to Uncle Jake

Congratulations on the win !!!

A 35" fish is quality at any time of the year. Glad you found her when you needed her the most.

Jay's anchorage/marina is getting a reputation among fishermen; I guess the rates will go up next year for sure

Now; if this wind would lay down
5th
And now has video surveillance so you just never know? Maybe Lucky Jay while chime in?
Old 10-30-2017, 04:56 PM

Congrats on the win Capt Mike!!! Now you can REALLY endorse Capt John’s stuff!!

Old 10-31-2017, 04:45 AM

Congrats, Mike... That is awesome!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:12 AM

Marty... Rates going up next year? I'll let you know after Nov 25th
Old 10-31-2017, 08:45 AM

Jay;
We have three winners slipped at your marina. Here's a thought, just up the fee for the sailboats
5th
Old 11-01-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Jay;
We have three winners slipped at your marina. Here's a thought, just up the fee for the sailboats
5th
I don’t even keep my boat on that side (minus CBA tourney day of course) and I think that is a GREAT idea!!!. Wait a minute, MAYBE I need to slip there the night BEFORE the tourney so some of that Luck rubs off on me BEFORE the tourney.....Hmmmmm.....

Old 11-02-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
I don’t even keep my boat on that side (minus CBA tourney day of course) and I think that is a GREAT idea!!!. Wait a minute, MAYBE I need to slip there the night BEFORE the tourney so some of that Luck rubs off on me BEFORE the tourney.....Hmmmmm.....
Come on over we probably can find a spot at either place. AMR is much more comfortable with amenities for Margaret. Yes there is plenty of water to get your 36’ in there if you would just give it a try. Unless that is if we have a blow out tide in which case you wouldn’t be out anyway! There are a lot of boats bigger than yours coming in there now for winter storage so you’ll be ok. Let me know if you plan on coming over the night before. I’ll stay on my boat and we can plan our first and second place strategies over bonfire and cocktails!