Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-29-2014, 06:44 PM

Default ISO Bucktails...

My bait maker is in VA, flounder fishing, for at least the next month. I am looking for decent baits, around Dundalk/Perryhall area. Please don't suggest Bluefins or Fearls. Bluefins carries BFG, but in already rigged tandems, and not sizes and rigs that I am looking for. They have some oddball baits that they tied, very poor quality. Fearl's has the same mass produced crap that Walmart, West Marine, etc..., carry. Tyler's is my other supplier, but hate to run to Chesapeake Beach, just for a few baits. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 07-30-2014, 03:33 AM

Joe, I don't use a lot of buck tails so I may not be able to help you. Have you tried Tochermans in Balt. City?
I know a great bucktail maker in Deale. He sells to both Tri-State in Deale and Tyler's in Chesapeake Beach.
He loves tying buck tails.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Order Spankin' Stripers online. Some would probably argue that online is the best way to interact with Gary . Great baits and he generally ships them within a couple days.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:03 PM

Tochermans had very limited selection of individual bucktails. They said the were behind in bait making. My girl suggested quick road trip to Tyler's. Left tochermans at 5:00, headed for Tyler's. As usual, he had a big selection. I wish we had a shop like this up my way. We arrived there at 6:30. There was no push to get us out by the 7:00
closing time. We left there, checked out Rod and Reel. We rode past Tyler's on our way home, about 7:30, and he was still open, waiting on the customers that kept trickling in. Gotta love the personal service of a small tackle hop.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:56 PM

I love the bucktails Clyde's in Landsdowne sells - in smaller sizes , 1-4 ozs.

They are my go to lure in early fall. Well tied and very strong hook. Think pack says " Johnny " on it.

On Aug. 18th - in Severna Park , Gary from Spankin' Stripers will be at the MSSA meeting 7pm - 9 pm. He'll have bucktails for sale.

It's free to attend and open to public.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:16 PM

Thank Skip, I forgot about Clyde's, been along time since I was there. I agree with you on the sizes, seems to work for me. I'll have to check out Spankin' Stipers.

Joe