Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Just spent the night in beautiful Canada. Our flight from Tokyo had weather issues trying to land in Toronto, so we were diverted to Ottawa airport where we spent several hours on the ground refueling and waiting for weather to clear.

Got to Toronto to late to catch our last flight back to BWI airport when we went to clear US customs, we only had ten minutes because they CLOSE. AT 9:00 PM
WTF, I can cross the southern border all night long from Mexico

Therefore, I was denied entry into my own country

Luckily, Canada excepted us with open arms. I was thinking about trying to negotiate an oil pipeline from Canada to my back yard, but the wife was tired and wanted to get a hotel for the night instead.

This morning, the union working US immigration people were back at their stations and the wife got upset at me because I questioned why they felt the need to close at 9 PM and deny American citizens entrance back into the country! I figured it would really be pushing it if I asked where I sign up for all my free **** (housing vouchers, food stamps, health insurance, public schooling, etc.) My luck, I'd be spending more time in Canada than I bargained for

So anyway, if all goes well, I get in late tonight. Tomorrow, I'll be hooking up the boat, refueling it, wash it, put it back in the slip, and get ready to fish this week. I've got the binoculars on board, so I can look for Justified, Hook 'em, and Boat Dog

5th