Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2014, 01:03 PM

Default Fall fishing and crabbing forecast

Crabbing has sucked in the upper bay, and fishing has been off. I have been talking with a couple of "Old Guys", and they think things are about to bust loose. They are saying that Fall is going to be awesome. What do y'all think, is Fall going to be feast or famine? I am thinking that Fall won't be a feast, but will improve quite a bit.... Is it a good sign that female crabs have moved in???

Joe
Old 09-02-2014, 05:39 PM

Most years - the fall fishing is very good , as long as no huge run off to muddy the bay.

Few reasons - less fishermen are out , cooler water temps. signal fish to feed more.

Cooler water temps. will cause baitfish to leave protected shallows and go into main bay. This narrows down where fish will likely be.

As the baitfish school up and head south - it can be wild fishing but the fish can move fast.

One year I followed a big school of Rock and Blues - started at # 78 and in about 5 hours - was off CP marker , about 5 miles south. Hit it right and it can be epic fishing.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:42 PM

My vote is for feast! At least one can hope can't they? The fall has been a bit of a letdown the past few years but not that long ago it was on fire in the fall. I am in 3 tournaments in Sept so I hope it turns on fast (just for me and everyone not in the tournaments I'm in of course)