Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 11-09-2015, 06:54 PM

Default Someday

Yes, someday you will be retired too

Fished with Jason (Rockin Robin) on his Judge today. Left his marina with a thin coat of frost on the roof of his boat Good news is, he had his Mr Buddy heater on inside
But that didn't help us as we dropped 19 lines into the Chesapeake Bay. It was raw, cloudy, and darn right chilly. After we set lines, we all ran back into the warm cabin.
It took less than an hour for the first fish to hit a board line. The second fish popped another board line as we were unhooking the first fish on deck
We hit a dry spell, due in part to leaves getting wrapped around the sinkers and even on some of the lures. The tide also needed to "turn around" before we picked up three more quality fish. Those hit Jason's WWB line, a deep hip rod umbrella, and another board line.
We called it quits with 3 over and two under's in the box. The smallest fish was 26 inches and the largest was 32. Back at the dock, I filleted one fish for Jason and I to split while Alan took three for family and friends. I try not to take more than I can eat fresh. Frozen fish just doesn't do it for me when I can get fresh

I can't thank Jason enough for letting Alan and I put out the spread, keep pulling rods to check for debris, and fighting/netting and unhooking fish to toss in the box on a cold raw day
Seriously, it's always a good time when we fish together. He even tried to get us to do a tournament in 32 mph gusts this coming Saturday
Thanks for the invitation.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1943.jpg (90.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 06:56 PM

The largest fish of the day (mine). 32 inches
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1944.jpg (96.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 07:11 PM

First off, Marty what a great fish for this time of year...That would have won the Coconut Charlie's tournament this weekend...

I am sure it was a little warmer catching quality fish like that...Seems like you have had a pretty good last 24 hours or so on the water...

Just remember that Jason was the captain today so he gets some credit for all those fish !

Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 PM

Those leaves killed us this weekend.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:22 PM

I can only hope to live long enough to retire so I can goof off all the time too. Wait a minute, Jason's not old enough to retire and he gets to go?? I must be doing something wrong......

Congrats on a successful day!!

Old 11-10-2015, 08:33 AM

Thanks for posting, Marty.
I really should have been working yesterday, but it was great having you and Alan running the back of the boat while I was inside on the phone and the computer (with heater on) while trying to put the boat on fish. So I got my work done and fished! Crazy how those last 2 fish hit at the exact time I had set to start pulling lines in. It wasn't the calm and sunny morning that was in the forecast, but we had a great time and caught some nice fish!

So Saturday is the Rocksgiving Tournament and wind is forecast 25 gusting to 35 from the west with a sunny sky. I have a full crew but need a bigger boat. Anybody have a 36 I can borrow?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post
Thanks for posting, Marty.
I really should have been working yesterday, but it was great having you and Alan running the back of the boat while I was inside on the phone and the computer (with heater on) while trying to put the boat on fish. So I got my work done and fished! Crazy how those last 2 fish hit at the exact time I had set to start pulling lines in. It wasn't the calm and sunny morning that was in the forecast, but we had a great time and caught some nice fish!

So Saturday is the Rocksgiving Tournament and wind is forecast 25 gusting to 35 from the west with a sunny sky. I have a full crew but need a bigger boat. Anybody have a 36 I can borrow?

So like it was a good trip and of course Marty would catch the biggest fish. As for tournament you know as well as I do, the weather forecast will change 100 times before Saturday and it's always ****ty during a tournament. Lucky for you it's only a one day tournament. Can't tell you how many times I have fished the white Marlin open and had weather like that for three days of fishing!