Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM

Default What to do on a rainy day (Alltackle's new store)

Left the house this morning and swung by to pick up a friend of mine and went down to check on the boat. The boat was fine so off we went to try to find the new Alltackle store. I thought I read that it was relocated to Annapolis Mall. I drove around the mall without seeing the new store. I drove over to the old store and found a note that they had moved to Annapolis Town Center. No problem; I know where that is (or so I thought). I drove directly to Annapolis Harbor Mall (where the old Boaters World store was located). We drove around the parking lot without seeing the new store. OK; now I'm getting frustrated. I know I'm close but as the saying goes; close only counts in horseshoes and grenade throwing (which by the way is a great way to bring fish to the surface when you can see them on the fishfinder but they won't bite). So I pull out the cell phone and call somebody that surely must have been to the new store. Skip answers on the third ring and unfortunately informs me that he hasn't been there yet and only has a rough idea of where its located. Off I go in search of the store again. As we pull up in front of the store; Skip calls back with the phone number of the store for me (Thanks Skip). Once inside, we found the store not completely set up, but still had a good time looking through some tackle and talking with Keith about PSCR and the storms effect on the O.C. site. I told him I was surprised that every bait and tackle store in the area DIDN'T have a petition for patrons to sign in support of PSCR. Anyway, Keith hopes to fill his larger store with plenty of tackle (more bay fishing tackle than ocean at this location) and also add a line of marine supplies to help fill the loss of Boaters World. Even though the store is not fully stocked, it's open for business.
If you need anything in the way of tackle; try to support the local guys. Between Alltackle, Marty's, Fishbones, Cobe, Warrens, Clydes, and Tochtermans, there is no need to go to Bass Pro Shop for anything other then to drool over (and play with) the Lorance HDS fishfinder/chart plotters. When I decide to purchase a new HDS I will be headed to BOE Marine for the unit. Every Christmas, I get a gift card for BPS from a relative. I wish there was a way to encourage them to get a gift card from the local guys instead. Maybe I can get the wife, to mention this to them as a possibility.
Only got to Alltackle today because of the difficulty finding the store (it is easier to find then the old store) and then headed off for lunch at my local Mom and Pop sub shop (not a chain like McDonalds).
Fun way to spend a rainy day (or windy one) when I couldn't get out on the bay. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Jim (Marty's) and Keith (Alltackle) and Jim (Boe); could you let us know if gift certificates are available at your stores?
And most important of all; Jim (Marty's), will you have new 2010 Dr. Julie Ball calendars? 5th (Marty)
Old 11-13-2009, 08:32 PM

Sounds like a good day. Bumming around with your buddy in tackle stores. Hitting a sub shop. The only thing missing is have a few cold ones at the bar.

Jerry
'06 Boston Whaler Conquest 235
Rhode River
Old 11-13-2009, 08:39 PM

Lifted a few cold ones at the bar (Howard's) in Linthicum tonight with the wife after she got home from work. It was a great day; now if she's interested tonight...... 5th (Marty)
Old 11-13-2009, 09:01 PM

So where exactly IS the new store? Don't leave us in suspense.

Thanks Marty

Jeff

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle
Old 11-13-2009, 09:40 PM

Best I can describe it is; just off rt. 2 (solomons island road) and just past rt 450. As soon as you get past 450; look for Sommerville road. Make a right and it's there!!

If you know where they just built that new huge store/condo unit in Parole; it's right BEFORE you get to it. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-13-2009, 10:22 PM

Thanks for stopping by Marty. It was great to meet you and I look forward to seeing you in the future. I am happy that we had the same views toward the C/R issue.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:01 AM

Marty,
We have gift certificates at Marty's Sporting Goods. I hope to have autographed Dr. Julie calendars in soon.

Thank you,
Jim
Old 11-14-2009, 09:01 AM

Gift Certificates are always available at both alltackle stores. Our new gift cards should arrive soon as well.

1-888-810-7283

Follow us on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42003558593

Last edited by alltackle; 11-14-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:51 PM

If you know where the new Target is, you should be able to find AllTackle. Sounds like the OP drove by it on his way between the old boater's world and the old all tackle location