Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Default Bridge Toll changes

New rates in effect:

http://www.mdta.maryland.gov/Toll_In..._Increase.html

Cash/Base:
Former Rate 11/1/2011 1/1/2012 7/1/2013
2-axle $2.50 $4.00 -- $6.00
3-axle $9.00 -- $8.00 $12.00
4-axle $12.00 -- $12.00 $18.00
5-axle $15.00 -- $24.00 $36.00
6-axle $18.00 -- $30.00 $45.00

Interesting that the price I pay for hauling my single axle boat trailer across the bay bridge didn't change Nov 1, and it will actually decrease by $1.00 on Jan 1, 2012 and then climb to a whopping $12.00 18 months later.

Also interesting is that the people that likely use the bridge the MOST, will pay no increase until July 2013.

Maryland E-ZPass:
Former Rate 11/1/2011 7/1/2013
Commuter $1.00* $1.00* $2.10*
2-axle $2.50 $3.60 $5.40
Old 11-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Sorry the formatting didn't hold up very well,so it might take a bit of studying to make out the increases.

The better option would be to hit the link.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:09 PM

You're not a moderator; you're an instigator.
Don't get me started on giving the State more money.
5th (Marty)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 PM

Instead of streamlining the operations and cutting the fat, it's much easier to just raise the rates, like the government.

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle
Old 11-07-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
You're not a moderator; you're an instigator.
Don't get me started on giving the State more money.
5th (Marty)
Marty I think you and I probably think along the same lines politically.

But the tol increase doesn't affect just people like US. Except for the absolute die hard O'Malley supporters who won't fault him for anything, you won't find many people who think this increase is necessary or a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
Instead of streamlining the operations and cutting the fat, it's much easier to just raise the rates, like the government.

At one of the public hearings regarding the increase, I believe I heard that the Bay Bridge operates "in the black" every year with an approximate PROFIT of $10 million. Much of the toll increase will be used to subsidize the ICC in Montgomery County (Which was recently named the richest county in America....and THEY get subsidized tolls?????? )

I sincerely hope that in a few years I'll look back and say, "Wow, maybe that increase was a good idea after all" but I HIGHLY doubt it.

In the last 6 years we've had a 20% increase in sales tax, a 3% increase in alcohol tax, a beverage tax if you live or work in Baltimore, the "flush tax" is about to get tripled, fuel tax is going UP 15 cents a gallon, and the tools will have at least doubled for some travellers, and tripled for others. These are just the big ones that I can remember.

Of course my property taxes went up, as did my auto and homeowner's insurance, water bill (I'm on well water, but they soak me for the same amount of money every quarter as when I was living in north county with public water and sewer), healthcare insurance (went up $1100 over the past two years...where's this "affordable healthcare" we keep hearing about?)

Before I lost my job, I hadn't even gotten any kind of raise in 3 years. So the math just ain't working in my favor. More money going out, and less money coming in.

But I digress.

How will the increase in tolls and fuel taxes affect everyone's fishing plans next year?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Marty I think you and I probably think along the same lines politically.

But the tol increase doesn't affect just people like US. Except for the absolute die hard O'Malley supporters who won't fault him for anything, you won't find many people who think this increase is necessary or a good idea.

At one of the public hearings regarding the increase, I believe I heard that the Bay Bridge operates "in the black" every year with an approximate PROFIT of $10 million. Much of the toll increase will be used to subsidize the ICC in Montgomery County (Which was recently named the richest county in America....and THEY get subsidized tolls?????? )

I sincerely hope that in a few years I'll look back and say, "Wow, maybe that increase was a good idea after all" but I HIGHLY doubt it.

In the last 6 years we've had a 20% increase in sales tax, a 3% increase in alcohol tax, a beverage tax if you live or work in Baltimore, the "flush tax" is about to get tripled, fuel tax is going UP 15 cents a gallon, and the tools will have at least doubled for some travellers, and tripled for others. These are just the big ones that I can remember.

Of course my property taxes went up, as did my auto and homeowner's insurance, water bill (I'm on well water, but they soak me for the same amount of money every quarter as when I was living in north county with public water and sewer), healthcare insurance (went up $1100 over the past two years...where's this "affordable healthcare" we keep hearing about?)

Before I lost my job, I hadn't even gotten any kind of raise in 3 years. So the math just ain't working in my favor. More money going out, and less money coming in.

But I digress.

How will the increase in tolls and fuel taxes affect everyone's fishing plans next year?
Start paying for it now but it won't take affect until 2014.
Two years after the election so either way, his @$$ is covered.

We all know where political discussions will end up.
Members arguing, everyone P!$$ed 0ff and nothing resolved.

Going to my "Happy Place" now.

Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle
Old 11-07-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
Start paying for it now but it won't take affect until 2014.
Two years after the election so either way, his @$$ is covered.

We all know where political discussions will end up.
Members arguing, everyone P!$$ed 0ff and nothing resolved.

Going to my "Happy Place" now.

Yeah I know.

I won't "argue" politics....just state my opinion once in a while and let the sharks start to circle.

I've been wrong before once or twice....might even be wrong again some day. I accept that.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:23 PM

"I thought I was wrong once,
but I was mistaken."

Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle