Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2010, 09:42 PM

Default Finally A Good Evening

Well, I was out of the area for a couple days and finally got back on the water for a couple of hours this evening....

It was finally a good night....Special thanks for Bud at Fishbones for his Sea Clams that always seem to be the ticket....

Caught my first spot of the season north of the Magothy...Got my first hard heads north of the Magothy all in the 12 to 15 inch range......I love catching croakers they are a heck of a lot of fun....And as always I finished the night up with some nice perch as well.....

All were caught on the bottom....

The western side of the Bay was one huge pool of bait tonight....A good sign...Have not seen that much in the water since last fall.....
Old 06-22-2010, 02:22 AM

Sounds like fun, glad you got into them.

You fishing single hooks or doubles ? Two 15" croaker on one line puts up quite the fight.

A week ago, bait was plentiful on both sides of the Bay. The western side held bigger alewifes while the Eastern side had all the peanut bunker and rain minnows. What did you see ???
Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 AM

The LY were all over the EB on Sun. and Mon. lots of dead adults as well, I don't know why though.

TED
Old 06-22-2010, 06:48 AM

Glad to hear the fish are cooperating. Croaker are a blast…….

I was south Saturday crabbing and couldn’t believe the amount of bait pushing on the surface. At one point I was surrounded by a school three acres in size. I guess they were peanut bunker or rain minnows or silver sides. The perch and rays were crushing them, surprisingly no rock.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 06-22-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:41 AM

Looked like Alewives to me.....There was an occasional ray chasing them here and there but I didnt see many fish under the bait balls....

Kind of weird, the bait was very tight but there did not seem to be many predators around....

Single hooks...Might want to try doubles....Croaker put up one heck of a fight when its only one...Two might be a complete blast....
Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Its wonderful to see all the bait and hear about more sightings. The puzzle is in the lack of rock crushing them. Granted rock dont eat 24/7 but it sure would be nice of them to crush a bait ball when I'm on a school of bait, all by myself.

Definitely try double hooks !!! I have little patience in life, but just like when your fishing for mackerel in March with a Xmas tree rig, set the hook, and have patience,, His brother or sister is probably not far behind.