Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2010, 05:39 AM

Default Still batting .000

I took my sweetheart and my son who's home from college fishing this past Saturday then went out again Sunday with my baby and youngest daughter who had just returned from disney with my oldest daughter, son had to work......both days, NADA.

The bright side of it was that I finally got a nibble on Sunday, felt like a Sunny and never actually took the bait even though it was a fairly small hook. We tried shrimp, nitecrawlers, shad, squid, chicken livers, glo bait on jigs...just about everything in the box.

Saturday we ran from Grays creek down to the Severn, up near Eyping forest then tried a couple places on the way back. The bay was rolling a bit much for my baby but the other boats were lined up right across the bay at the bridge. Sunday we stayed in the Magothy off Cape St Clair and got nothing there either. We had fun though and caught a few crabs while there.

You guys thought I was teasing.....I really can't land fish....and it's beginning to look like you will be afflicted with the same disease if you're in the same boat as I am!!

We were going to go out last night since it looked so nice but I opted instead to take my sweetheart on a nice ride on the bike.

Maybe I'll take my youngest daughter out again this evening....if the storms stay away.

I've decided to go out alone so I can do some fishing in the bay. My baby gets too nervous since she was brought up on the Ohio river and gets scared on the bay. I actually HAVE caught fish before just North of the bridge so I'll go it alone and see how I do. Maybe Saturday I'll get up early and head on out.

erad
________
MILFpussy

Last edited by eradicator; 09-03-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 AM

Keep at it. Try bloodworms. They work.

www.DCMSSA.org
Twitter: @DCMSSA
www.facebook.com/DCMSSA

23' SeaCraft, Twin E-Tec 150s
Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 AM

Try the Fish Bites bloodworms they work really good for perch. Keep plugging away you'll get into them sooner or later..
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com
Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 AM

Erad,
The first thing I noticed in your report was the bait, as the other guys mentioned.

I would not waste the gas or time to go out bottom fishing without bloodworms in the cooler.

Jim
Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 AM

Thanks guys...now that's what I call a consensus!! All of you are in agreement.....time to clear out the fridge (smells like...well, like hell) and get some bloodworms....

Hopefully the storms will stay away this evening. Looks like my baby will be at the Dr's so that leave my 12 y/o daughter and myself for tonights trip...I'll let you all know how we make out.

erad
________
Live sex

Last edited by eradicator; 09-03-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Another good idea is to cut long strips of Sea Clams...

They will get you any bottom feeders...Perch and Croaker love them....

Blues even took to them last year....

I also use Sea Clam strips instead of pork rind on a number of artificials.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Dittos on the bloodworms. The livers, shrimp, and gizzard shad will just slay the catfish on the Potomac near the Wilson Bridge near DC. Shrimp is universal, keep them and the squid in the mix, add bloodies, and you will catch them eventually. If you are bottom fishing bloodies, squid, and shrimp and not catching anything on the bay, no-one else is either. Good luck, and tight lines!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM

Soft shells.. Cost 4.50,( sometimes in Safeway and Giant they are on sale for $3) ya get about 12/15 baits per crab. Bloodworms, $10 dozen, ya get about 24/30 baits from that, if you have a decent blood worm, ( which I havent seen in years)

Assuming your using a double hook bottom rig. The Severn can be fickle. Safety first with the baby, I applaud you for that.. Ever try outside the radar towers just inside the mouth of Whitehall Creek ???
Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Any chance you can fish Weds - 23rd ?
I'm going and got room - love the challedge of breaking a skunk / jinx.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:24 PM

Word of caution! If you go with SKIP bring a life jacket, word on the docks is he likes to go swimming off the bow in full clothing. You could be NEXT!

lol

TED