Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Baldzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
I almost want to have a meeting with Brandon to see this model of effort he and his Statistician buddy have developed. Plus I have heard a lot of talk about research he has gathered from fishery biologist across the United States. I would love to read these and thump on them a little to see if the stand up experimentally and fit with current literature.

I think some a scared of real meaningful numbers.
I agree with you 100%...I want to see these numbers and where they come from. I have done TONS of statistical analysis over the years and know for a fact that you can do what you need to make the data say what you need it to say. I'd like to see their raw data and how they used it...could prove interesting...but I stand behind my current view that meeting with Brandon will accomplish nothing except piss me off more since he is not changing my mind and I am not changing his...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
I almost want to have a meeting with Brandon to see this model of effort he and his Statistician buddy have developed. Plus I have heard a lot of talk about research he has gathered from fishery biologist across the United States. I would love to read these and thump on them a little to see if the stand up experimentally and fit with current literature.
For me, Brandon has revealed his hand, or heart, and has a bias against trolling. Someone who is biased cannot be trusted to be in charge of rustling up data to prove their point. It reminds me of the watermen hiring their own research outfits to support their position that black is the best color for crab pot floats. Or, the plastic bottling manufacturers that hire their own research outfits to produce evidence that there are no PCBs (at least non of which are harmful) in their product, and upon this Congress has relied. I am not skilled enough to evaluate whatever it is that Brandon will come back with and appreciate Bob & Hans' efforts with this. Keep in mind, Brandon will probably go to great lengths to prove that he is right...Don
Old 11-12-2009, 04:57 PM

effem.....
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM

Slayer; A man of few words. But I like what he says!!!!!! 5th (Marty)
Old 11-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Do not let this out - the Potomac river allowes C/R for Rock with barbless hooks. They have a different set of rules then Md waters do.

If all this BS really goes through - we can still fish there early on.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Do not let this out - the Potomac river allowes C/R for Rock with barbless hooks. They have a different set of rules then Md waters do.

If all this BS really goes through - we can still fish there early on.
This is a great tidbit of information and should be shared with the masses. This should find it's way onto TF shortly after DNR issues it's final decree. This would be a sort of "Tea Party" like gesture by denying them our license dollars in favor of another jurisdiction that supports our views. Here is a link to PRFC which will explain the reciprocity provided with their license; it is actually better, in that it will allow you to fish in MD & Va portions of the Bay , as well as the Potomac ... http://www.prfc.state.va.us/sports/s...tm#reciprocity ....Don

Last edited by drichitt; 11-12-2009 at 06:16 PM.